xtrons stereo not remmebering station presets etc

MDMetal

Hi all, I'm part way through installing my xtrons head unit. All seems well (eventually, after realising the incartec wiring harness needs the ant conenction cut and attached with a bullet conenctor) however whenever I start the car it forgets the radio stations I scanned last time. The stereo turns on and off with ignition correctly and I don't seem to be able to turn the unit on when no key is inserted so I assume the red/yellow wires can be left in-swapped.

Any thoughts?

yah annoyingly it looks like the wire colours are mismatched, from the incartec loom the yellow goes to the xtron red and vice versa. the yellow wire from the car is definitely constant voltage so I assume this is where the problem is. So out of all the cables on the incartech loom I bought only 2 are correct, can't understand why I bothered buying it, the facia doesn't fit either, waste of £50! Even the steering controls needed an extra cable :/

I'll get the soldering iron out tonight and swap em over

It's a big change! I still have to get the camera installed and I haven't found anywhere to put the gps antenna yet, need to find some map software with offline mode as google maps needs a connection (spoilt with here maps on my windows phone) I had to do the buster mode and now finding my volume is a bit loud but that's fixable. CD is so much nicer no skipping and jumping, equaliser is much nicer, everything is much nicer! It's a bit bright at night even in night mode so I'm wondering if I can override the brightness in another app or just have an app that's a black screen for night driving.

Yah basically makes the car feel modern and up to date!

To be fair it's clear when you plug the two wires together that the colours are mismatched! Yah it's a bit of hassle but it's nothing scary in terms of fixing and it won't blow up if they're the wrong way round initially