Parking Sensors Advice

Dicky

Got them on mine, the rear bumper had to be removed for the install.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Cheers Dave, that's a bit of a bugger though. Hoped I might get at the back bumper via the boot plastics.

Always going to be a bumper off job. ;)

Why not get a reversing camera instead Dicky?

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...gkAAOSwUKxYh2Rk

Easier to fit but you'll obviously need a compatible head unit with a DVD/TV screen.

Also worth noting that if you do go for reversing sensors some insurance companies will charge you a little more for a car with them than a car without. Should be the other way around you'd think but I heard it's something to do with they feel you're paying more attention to reversing if you don't have the sensors so are less likely to hit something.

• Like 1

Always going to be a bumper off job. ;)

Why not get a reversing camera instead Dicky?

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...gkAAOSwUKxYh2Rk

Easier to fit but you'll obviously need a compatible head unit with a DVD/TV screen.

Also worth noting that if you do go for reversing sensors some insurance companies will charge you a little more for a car with them than a car without. Should be the other way around you'd think but I heard it's something to do with they feel you're paying more attention to reversing if you don't have the sensors so are less likely to hit something.

I had thought about a reversing camera as well but a bit apprehensive about getting it connected to a display. You've answered one of my concerns though in that I would need another head unit, by that I assume it won't connect to the existing sat Nav display.

So what's to be done, do you get something to replace the existing display with something that will support the sat Nav and reversing camera or do you have to install separate reversing camera display ?