Spacer Difference (Offset Frontier)?

Strudul

My understanding is that the usual 25mm Eibach spacers for a 350Z are S90-4-25-019...

• Number of Holes: 5
  • Bolt Hole Circle Ø [mm]: 114,3
  • Thread Size: M12x1,25
  • Centering Diameter [mm]: 66
  • Track widening per axle [mm]: 50
  • Thickness [mm]: 25
  • Rim Offset [mm]: 15

I've seen it stated before that the same spacers will fit a 370Z, but checking compatibility, it recommends S90-4-25-050...

• Track widening per axle [mm]: 50
  • Thickness [mm]: 25
  • Rim Offset [mm]: -15

So the only difference is "rim offset", but I can't work out what that refers to or whether it is important...

And while I'm asking questions, can anyone confirm that S90-4-30-036 will fit? Most compatibility checks say they don't, but i'm not sure if that's just because they are pushing the legal limits of the tyre poking out.

• Track widening per axle [mm]: 60
  • Thickness [mm]: 30
  • Rim Offset [mm]: 15

Anyone spacer gurus?

Edited by Strudul

Have no idea what 'rim offset' means when it comes to spacers... a spacer is a spacer, rims have offsets but I cant see how a spacer can have an offset! :wacko:

Usual spacer sizes for 350z rays is 20mm front and 25mm rear.

25mm front and 30mm rear is a more aggressive look but can be done on stock suspension or a slight drop... If your lowered you will need to roll the arches...

30mm rear spacers + 30mm drop http://www.350z-uk.c...tted-with-pics/

30mm rear spacers http://www.350z-uk.c...-the-rear-pics/

Couldn't find any examples for the fronts, hope that helps though :)

Edited by shaun350z

Yeah, I looked through a load of threads. The 25/30s are a lot more common in the US it seems.

Also seems to be called "offset frontier".

Everything else appears to be exactly the same... Just that one difference changes whether they are compatible with a 350z or 370Z...

same extension

same system

same PCD

same bore

same bolt dimensions

Edited by Strudul

^Isn't that the thread size? (M12x1,25)

No that's the diameter of the stud and the pitch of the thread, so nothing to do with the actual length of the stud.

Gotcha. So (assuming you are correct) there is a chance they might be interchangeable, but you'd have more / less thread to tighten the nuts on, so not ideal?

^Isn't that the thread size? (M12x1,25)

No that's the diameter of the stud and the pitch of the thread, so nothing to do with the actual length of the stud.

Gotcha. So (assuming you are correct) there is a chance they might be interchangeable, but you'd have more / less thread to tighten the nuts on, so not ideal?

Yep, that's right. I wondered the same and I'm pretty sure I've seen some 370Z owners use the spacers off their previous 350Z. The Eibach System 6 spacers for 350Z and 370Z have the same part numbers so I would have expected that the System 4 spacers would share the same part numbers as well if they were exactly the same, in my mind the length of the stud can be only thing that's different. I think S90-4-30-043 are the 30mm spacers for the 370Z.

I think it probably comes down to which wheels you have as well, I presume some wheels are thicker, i.e. the mounting holes are longer/deeper and therefore would require longer studs. Maybe Eibach factors this in and specs the spacers for the OEM wheels with OEM nuts on the assumption that if you run aftermarket wheels then it'd be up to you to determine which spacers are the most appropriate.

I actually run 350Z spec Eibach 20mm spacers on the front with OEM 350Z Rays in the winter and OEM 370Z Rays in the summer with the appropriate nuts and haven't run into issues with the studs being too short or too long. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Gave Eibach a call this morning and spoke to a chap who happens to own a 350z and is a member here :thumbs:

Turns out they are essentially the same product, just labelled differently to suit different cars. The offset rating is just because the stock wheels on the cars have those offsets, but it doesn't actually affect the spacers themselves.

Gave Eibach a call this morning and spoke to a chap who happens to own a 350z and is a member here :thumbs:

Turns out they are essentially the same product, just labelled differently to suit different cars. The offset rating is just because the stock wheels on the cars have those offsets, but it doesn't actually affect the spacers themselves.

Phone him back and get him to set up a Eibach group buy on here :lol: