Berkshire 350z

SRaven

• 3 weeks later...

Oh so its your pearl white zed I keep seeing around thatcham/newbury then Swifty!

I'm in thatcham and also up for a meet if one gets arranged :)

Sure is bud! What colour Z you got? I'm definitely game for a meet soon. Just need to drop the front end down lol

Im in Reading too (Earley) and see lots of Zeds on the A329 and around. Don't think iv'e seen your Red one yet. I'm the Silver one with tinted windows and Michelin tire letters.

I'm up for a meet whenever, Reading uni has a nice newly laid big car park, 2 hour free parking (my cheeky drifting spot).

Iv'e had a zed meet idea for a while, which I won't be able to make now as im on holiday, but i'll propose it anyway...Showcase Reading (big car park) for a meet followed by screening of Fast and Furious 8 (April 12th release).

Oh so its your pearl white zed I keep seeing around thatcham/newbury then Swifty!

Sure is bud! What colour Z you got? I'm definitely game for a meet soon. Just need to drop the front end down lol

I'm in a orange with black rays, I've seen you quite a few times down the a4 I think! Lol, I need to find someone to fit my scorpion exhaust then I'll be good for a meet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Im in Reading too (Earley) and see lots of Zeds on the A329 and around. Don't think iv'e seen your Red one yet. I'm the Silver one with tinted windows and Michelin tire letters.

I'm up for a meet whenever, Reading uni has a nice newly laid big car park, 2 hour free parking (my cheeky drifting spot).

Iv'e had a zed meet idea for a while, which I won't be able to make now as im on holiday, but i'll propose it anyway...Showcase Reading (big car park) for a meet followed by screening of Fast and Furious 8 (April 12th release).

Cheeky drifting spot lol, I need to check this out! Sounds like a good idea for a meet too :)

I'm in a orange with black rays, I've seen you quite a few times down the a4 I think! Lol, I need to find someone to fit my scorpion exhaust then I'll be good for a meet!

I'm not sure I've seen you about yet but will definitely keep an eye out! Haha, yeah! You'll catch me along the a4 a lot.

• Like 1

Showcase works for me I'm literally two seconds down the road in Winnersh opposite Haldfords :teeth:

Maybe give it a month or so when the weather is slightly better, Ill speak with the managers to see if we can cordon off part of the car park and maybe set up a couple of BBQ s or something.

Id feel a little embarrassed bring my 350 though she needs alot of attention at the moment!!!! :blush:

Edited by SRaven
  • Like 1

Showcase works for me I'm literally two seconds down the road in Winnersh opposite Haldfords :teeth:

Maybe give it a month or so when the weather is slightly better, Ill speak with the managers to see if we can cordon off part of the car park and maybe set up a couple of BBQ s or something.

Id feel a little embarrassed bring my 350 though she needs alot of attention at the moment!!!! :blush:

Ah ok, been to that halfords many times! Yeh that sounds like a good idea re.showcase, we could also ask to reserve a screen for the movie, perhaps get JapSociety involved to help organise and get more car folk there.

And yeh mine needs a proper detail (long overdue) before i take her to any meets haha

EDIT: I just sent JapSociety a FB message to see if it's something they'd be interested in taking the lead on.

Edited by DarmoZ

Ah ok, been to that halfords many times! Yeh that sounds like a good idea re.showcase, we could also ask to reserve a screen for the movie, perhaps get JapSociety involved to help organise and get more car folk there.

And yeh mine needs a proper detail (long overdue) before i take her to any meets haha

EDIT: I just sent JapSociety a FB message to see if it's something they'd be interested in taking the lead on.

My girl is suffering from rust on all 4 arches, I'm not to concerned about the fronts as they are removal-able its just the rears that i need to get sort as soon as I have moved to Bracknell!! SO far Top Gear in Basingstoke is looking to be the best value for money unless anyone else knows of a good body shop in the area.

Good call with JapSociety :D

My girl is suffering from rust on all 4 arches, I'm not to concerned about the fronts as they are removal-able its just the rears that i need to get sort as soon as I have moved to Bracknell!! SO far Top Gear in Basingstoke is looking to be the best value for money unless anyone else knows of a good body shop in the area.

Good call with JapSociety :D

Haven't had to use a body shop before so couldn't say, however for the near future I am thinking about a whole car repray (get it looking like new again) and under body rust protection where needed. Do let me know how you get on with them.

As for the event, no reply from JapSociety, So i emailed the Showcase group bookings enquiry about our idea this morning, I asked them to propose some dates and times to us, then I will create an official event thread, so we can get a gauge on interest & numbers, and of course if people want to let other car clubs / friends know that's great, the more the merrier.

Edited by DarmoZ

Reply from Showcase:

Hi,

In order to give you definite pricing on this we would need a little more

information please. How many people are you looking at visiting, and do you

want a private screening or are you looking to attend a normal scheduled

screening? Unfortunately the BBQ would not be an option. The use of the car

park may incur a cost for security to be present, and will also depend on

how many cars you are expecting to attend.

We expect the film to be released 12 April so the weekend of the release

would be the Easter weekend. The children are on Easter holidays until 24th

April so I don't know if you would rather wait until after that or not.

To qualify for a group booking to the cinema you need at least 20 people

attending the film. Any less than that would be normal adult price ticket.

If you want a private screening the cost would be considerably higher.

Regards

Allison

So looks like we need to:

A: Pick a date after school holidays. (Tuesday 25th Evening if we don't want to wait too much longer after release date, or if the weekday is no good for folks, the May Day bank holiday weekend, Sat 29th, Sun 30th, Mon 1st)

B: Get an idea of numbers (cars/people for the screening if bringing a +1) need to get 20 people in the screen to get the group buy discount.

If we don't get the 20 people then standard adult ticket is £10 I think, and hopefully we can get away with needing the car park security lol, but as an estimate I think total will around £10-£15 per person.

Once we have agreed a date and initial numbers here, I'll create an official thread on the Meets section :)

So what's everyone saying?

Edited by DarmoZ

Bit late to this thread but there's 3 GT4's in Lower Earley alone

Also a white 370z Nismo I always see parked at the same house, not sure if it's a forum member or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply from Showcase:

Hi,

In order to give you definite pricing on this we would need a little more

information please. How many people are you looking at visiting, and do you

want a private screening or are you looking to attend a normal scheduled

screening? Unfortunately the BBQ would not be an option. The use of the car

park may incur a cost for security to be present, and will also depend on

how many cars you are expecting to attend.

We expect the film to be released 12 April so the weekend of the release

would be the Easter weekend. The children are on Easter holidays until 24th

April so I don't know if you would rather wait until after that or not.

To qualify for a group booking to the cinema you need at least 20 people

attending the film. Any less than that would be normal adult price ticket.

If you want a private screening the cost would be considerably higher.

Regards

Allison

So looks like we need to:

A: Pick a date after school holidays.

(We could do Tuesday 25th Evening if we don't want to wait too much longer after release date, or if the weekday is no good for folks, the May Day bank holiday weekend, Sat 29th, Sun 30th or Mon 1st)

B: Get an idea of numbers (cars/people for the screening if bringing a +1) need to get 20 people in the screen to get the group buy discount.

If we don't get the 20 people then standard adult ticket is £10 I think, and hopefully we can get away with needing the car park security lol, but as an estimate I think total will around £10-£15 per person.

Once we have agreed a date and initial numbers here, I'll create an official thread on the Meets section :)

So what's everyone saying?

Hey everyone, Please let me know which day works best for you and we will go with the majority. Also if it's just yourself coming or you are bringing a +1.