The HSCC Oulton Park Gold Cup, 24th and 25th August 2008

rsj

I am organising this event again this year for the Z Club and would like to invite members of this club to attend also. :yahoo:

I received the following letter from the organisers of this event last year, which I dont think will be much different this year, which will give you a flavour of the event:

"Dear Club Secretary,

The Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting this year will feature the usual mix of classic racing cars and will include display laps by Bentley’s Le Mans Speed 8.

In addition to the fabulous racing, we are hoping that you will once again join us in adding to the infield atmosphere that makes the event so special.

There will also be the opportunity to be involved in parade laps around the circuit.

Everyone who is bringing a car for display will be entitled to one complimentary admission ticket for each day of attendance. Any additional passengers will need to purchase tickets, priced £18 for Sunday and £20 for Monday. Savings can be made by booking in advance at www.oultonpark.co.uk or by calling 0870 950 9000. Children 12 and under go free.

Camping is available to purchase at £20 per person (£15 in advance) regardless of length of stay.

Gates will open at 7am on each day. Parade laps will only take place on Sunday at 10.30. As we are under noise restrictions until 12noon, these laps will be low speed, without any accompanying commentary or sounding of horns.

In order to help us make this work as smoothly as possible. Pease e-mail me at and register the following details as soon as possible.

1. Number and types/model of cars attending Sunday.

2. Number and types/model of cars attending Monday.

3. Number of cars wishing to take part in Sunday Parade Laps.

Thank you for your support

Kind regards...."

I now need to start gathering some idea of numbers of cars for EACH day please ASAP, together with those who wish to have a parade lap or two - ASSUMING IT WILL BE ON AGAIN THIS YEAR!. This happened last year and was GREAT!! :thumbs:

I will post updated info when received and tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

So PLEASE will all interested parties please pm or e-mail me (rsj@lineone.net) their full details as follows:

Name,

Address,

car type,

reg No,

Which days you would like tickets for

and if you want to go on parade.

Any details not received by August 8th may not be guaranteed a ticket, as I will need to confirm the required numbers.

Note: Please do not reserve a ticket and then not show up!! I hope to have a few spares for last minute takers and, with everybody's help, I will hope to recycle any genuine last minute no-shows!

This will also be posted on the other main Z Club sites so we can make it a full family get together!! :yahoo:

If anyone has any queries, please pm or e-mail me.

Please can you also post here to register your interest:

1) rsj both days

2)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i dont go on the other site

Seems to be a little confusion here - & its probably me! :blush:

If anyone wants to go to Oulton Park for this meeting - and has not already sent me their details as above - please do so. :thumbs:

Tickets will be posted to you as soon as they are issued by the organisers, hence the need for full name & address details B)

i dont go on the other site

Seems to be a little confusion here - & its probably me! :blush:

If anyone wants to go to Oulton Park for this meeting - and has not already sent me their details as above - please do so. :thumbs:

Tickets will be posted to you as soon as they are issued by the organisers, hence the need for full name & address details B)

Shire - I dont think I have your details yet :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Guys! This is IT!! :thumbs:

The good news: :teeth:

The 2 days will feature the usual mix of classic racing and a display to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Lola Racing Cars!

Everyone bringing a Z car for display will be entitled to one free ticket for each day. Additional pasengers will need to purchase a ticket at £20 per day; Savings to be made by booking on line at www.oultonpark.co.uk or calling 0870 950 9000.

Camping is available at £20 (£15 in advance) regardless of length of stay.

The Bad News: :angry: There will NOT be a parade lap this year! Don't know why! :angry:

Gates open 7am each day.

Please check to see if you are listed below and details are correct. I will need contact details - mobile phone &/or address to get the tickets to you. If I dont already have this, please advise by PM soon.

The latest list I have is as follows:

1) RSJ 350z – broken ankle permitting!!

2) Suzy 300zx

3) Chris 300zx

4) Datsun Dave 240z - contact details required please!

5) Nidge74 Z31

6) Red Baron 300zx x2

7) Richiep 240z

8) Andy P 300zx

9) Karen 350z

10) Keith Harrison - 300zx

11) Dalos 240z

12) Tony Sharpe 300zx - contact details required please!

13) Brain Baker 300zx Cabrio

14) djtimodj 350z

15) Kierash 300zx

16) Max 350z

17) Zedache 300zx

18) ChrisBlackzx 300zx

19) Steve Kemp 240z

20) Mark Warburton 240z

21) 260TT 260z

22) Quavey 300zx

23) Rob Gaskin 240z

24) Pure 350z

25) Tasty Tony 240z?

26) hitman13 300zx

27)

Lets make this a week-end to remember!!

Lets make this a week-end to remember!! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Guys! This is REALLY IT!! :yahoo:

Tickets have arrived and will be posted out today all being well. The tickets are for the VEHICLE & DRIVER only and are different for Sunday & Monday. :thumbs:

You must display the ticket from your rear view mirror at the gate :please:

Gates open from 7am & I will be there from 8am. Marshalls will direct you to the Z Club site and please keep the parking tight & tidy as space may be limited.

Please check to see if you are listed below and that I now have your contact details. I will need contact details - mobile phone &/or address - to get the tickets to you. If I dont already have them, please advise by PM/e-mail or phone 07768 531111 soon. ;)

The latest list I have is as follows:

1) RSJ 350z – broken ankle permitting!!

2) Datsun Dave 240z

3) Suzy 300zx Not able to make it

4) Chris 300zx Not able to make it

5) Nidge74 Z31

6) Red Baron 300zx x2

7) Richiep 240z

8) Andy P 300zx

9) Karen 350z

10) Keith Harrison - 300zx

11) Dalos 240z

12) Tony Sharpe 300zx - contact details required please!

13) Brain Baker 300zx Cabrio

14) djtimodj 350z - contact details required please!

15) Kierash 300zx

16) Max 350z

17) Zedache 240z

18) ChrisBlackzx 300zx

19) Steve Kemp 240z

20) Mark Warburton 240z

21) 260TT 260z

22) Quavey 300zx

23) Rob Gaskin 240z

24) Pure 350z

25) Tasty Tony 240z?

26) hitman13 300zx

27)

I look forward to meeting you all on the day! :snack:

If you have a Zed then it belongs on the show area!

If you e-mail or pm your name, adress & phone No I could post a pass out to you tomorrow. If not & you have problems getting to the club show area, I could meet you at the gate 8am ish? Once I am in OP I wont be walking far!