What's this noise please

Rob350

SOLVED...... the gear knob had vibrated loose just a little bit for it wobble a tiny amount to cause the noise, :lol:

But while your here, should the body of the passenger side fuel damper tick? I can feel it tapping inside the body when i touch it??

IGNORE ALL THIS BELOW \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

This noise happend today for the first time, the video is in 3rd gear over 2500 3k rpm. But it carried on thruough 4th and 5th

The noise used to happen but ALOT quieter, and only over 4500rpms, I thought it could just be vibrations of the dashboard, or gear stick maybe? I do have the noise baring when idle

Could it be fuel damper? You can feel The body of the passenger side fuel damper behind the engine tapping away when I was idling looking around,

The body of the fuel damper used to tap away so i changed it for 2nd hand one about 4weeks ago and the body still ticked after i changed it so i assumed it was normal?

It's the vibrating tapping noise

The random items have been on the dashboard for weeks so i don't think its the cupholder or plastic things in the cubby vibrating

It really scared me when it happend, It never did it that loud before or at such low revs,

Anything you guys think would be helpful.

The car doesnt burn any oil its a 04 De 90k miles

Cheers

Edited by Rob350

Sounds like it's from the cabin, not the engine bay - it's got high frequencies audible which would have been cut if going through the firewall to the cabin (imho).

Search the cabin first.

My gear shift gator does this similar sound (not stock) as the short shifter shaft is touching the inside of it.

And because I have poly bushing on the gearbox mount it's even worse :teeth:

Empty the cabin, including the cubby boxes, ensure NOTHING is there and methodically search.

Edited by RobPhoboS