What windscreen wash?

xStric9x

rain x.... treatment is pretty good............. the water just beads off the screen...................

you barely need wipers with this stuff.......... B)

have you got some phil :)

We stopped using rainX once PIAA released their own version, much better, £5.99 bottle

Mine beads with just using the wipers themeselves (i.e. the silicone seems to leave behind some which causes the water to bead when the wipers arent in use, very apparent with Amanda's and my car). Will this stuff do much extra? If it does, stick a bottle in my order :thumbs:

:lol: this will be your order from big phil

HGV%20Convoy.jpg

rain x.... treatment is pretty good............. the water just beads off the screen...................

you barely need wipers with this stuff.......... B)

have you got some phil :)

We stopped using rainX once PIAA released their own version, much better, £5.99 bottle

Mine beads with just using the wipers themeselves (i.e. the silicone seems to leave behind some which causes the water to bead when the wipers arent in use, very apparent with Amanda's and my car). Will this stuff do much extra? If it does, stick a bottle in my order :thumbs:

Thats the way the wiper system works, if you run the wipers dry on the screen every two weeks it will top up the coating, the soluion gives that extra coating which is usefull this time of year, if the wipers are doing their job then not needed.

The screen wash addetive leaves an additional coatng eveytime you use the washers as well as shifting the crud off the screen.

:lol: this will be your order from big phil

HGV%20Convoy.jpg

Nah, I have one of these meeting me in Southampton docks

270px-Knock_Nevis.jpg

:thumbs:

Phil: Sounds like the wipers are doing their job then, I'll pass on the screen wash til I use up my lovely Halfords stuff up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i used the car in the rain for the first time today since adding new blades and some rainx, firstly i used the foam cleaner and then the liquid repellant. Really don't know what i've done but the drivers side just smears up and takes ages to de-smear, the passenger side is perfect.

Guessing i need to try and wash it off and try again :angry:

Well i used the car in the rain for the first time today since adding new blades and some rainx, firstly i used the foam cleaner and then the liquid repellant. Really don't know what i've done but the drivers side just smears up and takes ages to de-smear, the passenger side is perfect.

Guessing i need to try and wash it off and try again :angry:

Did you wipe the excess Rainx off? If you don't it can smear a bit. Otherwise I love the stuff.

I've got a nice thick microfibre cloth I use for getting the excess off.

Works really well. One thing with rain dispersant, make sure you're in reasonably lit situation when trying to put on or remove, so you can see what you're doing. Not bright sunshine though, as it will cure too hard, too fast.