Silver Indicator Bulbs...

AK47

Hi guys, After just getting my pictures up in the gallery several members suggested silver indicator bulbs as a nice mod... Do you mean the actual bulbs located at the top of the lamp unit or the orange strip running down the side of the unit? Also are the silver bulbs actually orange coated with a silver substance so they look silver but still flash orange??? Thanks.

Aaron,

I mentioned it as i think all GM and Blades look better with them.

Sunsets probably okay as is.

I have done all 4 but only really need to do the fronts. Check Mikes link above, looks like you can get them from someone on here. (Funkstyling) but mine came from the states. They are one of cheapest mods you can do, that and change the aerial to get instant results, without effecting your insurance, warranty or anything else.

Steve

hmmmm there should be one in the service manual,if you have it... I haven't got it handy, anyone could post the instructions?

Basically how i do it is: take wheel off. Unscrew wheel arch plastics and open them enough to get to the light. change the bulb :)

You don't have to do the long Val way. :p

It is possible from just opening the bonnet. No need to remove Headlamp unit. Yes it is fiddly but once you've done the first the second one is easy. Just need some rubber gloves and something to hook the wire to make it easier. :)