Bid farewell to the Z

nievelc

time has come to bid farewell to the Z, I can honestly say it was of the most fun cars i've had the pleasure to own, 3.5 V6 DE was a torquey little beast that liked to wiggle it's bum, turned heads and made me feel a million quid. Surprisingly it was also one of the most reliable cars I've owned - it broke down twice in my 3 years. Once for a flat battery (original @ 90k miles) and the second time it didn't actually break down but the battery in the remote died and it wouldn't start.

This time it was the wifes turn to pick a car, she went a bought a discovery sport..

I just want to give my first impressions

1. It's is very comfortable

2. It's is very fat

3. It's very comfortable

The same ride from Edenbridge to Croydon I used to take in the Z being a smile generator is now a 'Oh @*!# the cars going to fall over!' The electric need some getting used to as does the sub 350z mpg.

On the whole though, i think it might just grow on me it's not dead when accelerating, fair whack of torque but power is dire frankly!

Anyone else gone from z to suv? Do you get used to the lack of pace?

time has come to bid farewell to the Z, I can honestly say it was of the most fun cars i've had the pleasure to own, 3.5 V6 DE was a torquey little beast that liked to wiggle it's bum, turned heads and made me feel a million quid. Surprisingly it was also one of the most reliable cars I've owned - it broke down twice in my 3 years. Once for a flat battery (original @ 90k miles) and the second time it didn't actually break down but the battery in the remote died and it wouldn't start.

This time it was the wifes turn to pick a car, she went a bought a discovery sport..

I just want to give my first impressions

1. It's is very comfortable

2. It's is very fat

3. It's very comfortable

The same ride from Edenbridge to Croydon I used to take in the Z being a smile generator is now a 'Oh @*!# the cars going to fall over!' The electric need some getting used to as does the sub 350z mpg.

On the whole though, i think it might just grow on me it's not dead when accelerating, fair whack of torque but power is dire frankly!

Anyone else gone from z to suv? Do you get used to the lack of pace?

I went for the best of both - a Z and an SUV :)

Can't fit the kids, dog, camping stuff etc, in the Z.

And my SUV does 40mpg pottering around and 55+ on a run.

If you had taked the OH into a cheaper SUV then you could have kept the Z as well.

I do like the Discovery Sport and was tempted myself but to just have one of those and no Z - nah!