Taillight Marks

Strudul

Finally embraced the cold and gave the Z a wash, but noticed some weird marks on my taillights.

The right side has some black splodges that didn't seem to want to come off. Pretty sure they are on the outside, but you can't really feel them.

Left side appeared as if it almost had a hole in it, but it doesn't seem to be leaking. Could just be in the top layer??

Anyone know the causes and how to resolve them?

Cheers.

Who's jelly that my doors and boot stay open by themselves? :bleh:

tnRZUIL.jpg

zz9EYlN.jpg

dMtHi5w.jpg

OeU438R.jpg

eBCEUrJ.jpg

2VrgaG3.jpg

Edited by Strudul

Black looks like its on the outside, but surely would have thought if it was you could feel it.

As above, try hot water to see if it shifts and move up from that i.e. Tar remover, clay etc. Cannot see how that could have happened inside the plastic?

Is that wee circle not part of the mould? No idea about the splodges, sorry. Maybe try clay?

Maybe, didn't see any of the other light though? Never noticed it before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there.

Black looks like its on the outside, but surely would have thought if it was you could feel it.

As above, try hot water to see if it shifts and move up from that i.e. Tar remover, clay etc. Cannot see how that could have happened inside the plastic?

Yeah, I think so, but i tried rubbing my fingers across it and picking at it and couldn't feel a thing (though it was freezing at the time, so there may have been a degree of senses lacking in my fingers).

Is that wee circle not part of the mould? No idea about the splodges, sorry. Maybe try clay?

Maybe, didn't see any of the other light though? Never noticed it before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't always there.

Yeah, I think so, but i tried rubbing my fingers across it and picking at it and couldn't feel a thing (though it was freezing at the time, so there may have been a degree of senses lacking in my fingers).

Had a look at my own, both lights have the wee circle, drivers side was harder to find than passenger side.

Had a better look...

Couldn't find another circle on the driver's side tail light and couldn't see any on another Zed.

As for the black marks, definitely on the outside. Managed to pick at them and scrape some of them off.