Hello from Will!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Few more bits ordered today inc mines front lip and suede personal steering wheel, lot's of prep to do for the Anglesey Track day in a few weeks (Feb 12th). If any of you are there or near by do come and say hello, more than happy to have a few passengers too, see what you think of the setup as i am eager to see how the orange stuff cope along with the other mods :) .

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Adrian, Really interested in a 4.36 Final Drive and diff rebuild kit. Is this something you could PM me a quote for?

Edited by WillisRR

• 2 weeks later...

Few Busy Weekends on the 350! Total of 20hrs last weekend and 14hrs this weekend spent working on the car!

Shakedown at Anglesey is fast approaching (Feb 12) but all is nearly done. Just waiting on my tyre supplier to get the AD08Rs back in stock.

Complete service, gear/diff/engine oils, all filters, plugs and belts...

We then took the Brembo Callipers to bits and serviced each one whilst replacing for HC Brembo discs, EBC Orange pads, Braided Lines and ATE fluid...

Teins and Wheel spacers next.

gallery_31032_1152_137246.jpg

gallery_31032_1152_9320.png

gallery_31032_1152_71495.png

Then it was on to Interior fettling>>

Motordrive Seats, M2 rails, Turn One harnesses, GCF Harness bar (properly lovely item, very happy with it) and collecting my new 330mm Suede wheel tonight>>

gallery_31032_1152_207717.png

gallery_31032_1152_353239.jpg

And a few pics of the Nissan at Blyton...

gallery_31032_1152_891507.jpg

gallery_31032_1152_153590.png

gallery_31032_1152_54118.jpg

Still have to fit the new steering wheel, Mines lip, tyres and geo to get sorted before Anglesey then it's back to Blyton the weekend after to so i can compare lap times with my first outing :). Be nice to see the difference!

Is there a way to move this post into members projects? I would like to keep it up to date if thats ok :).

Edited by WillisRR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo 5 weekends of prep, a hefty chunk of finanicial outlay and a bit of stress chucked in but the car was ready just in time for Anglesey Track day…

The AD08Rs arrived just in time and the last few bits like steering wheel, lip etc all went on with no real issue>>

32752357321_daecc467e4.jpg

32033680844_72ecc1f7a2.jpg

32495312470_fabe9a32a7.jpg

32834916976_d24533652e.jpg

So we set off on the Saturday and took the long way to Anglesey right through Snowdonia. Roads we often visit in the summer, although wet and cold in the winter, are so quiet and perfect for testing out how the upgrades I had chosen had changed the car. I was so impressed yet again with the AD08Rs and pleased I spent the extra money as they are so great even from cold in the wet!

Unfortunately we couldn’t get the drone out because of the snow but we got some mega chase footage. Feeling we had got what we needed we headed to the hotel a few miles from the track. Beers, food then an early night.

32494677100_7201229e4c.jpg

32061347703_20a7eb6cfa.jpg

32061496633_f998655490.jpg

The next morning we drive the few miles to the track and I am wondering why the car feels a little ‘different’. We go and sign on, briefing done, breakfast etc. Queuing up for sighting laps thinking yes! It’s been a hard push to get here today but feeling so happy! Then Rob comes running over…. Will you have a flat tire mate!! Shhhiiiiit! Not the end of the world though just inconvenient. We remove the wheel and find the big screw in the tire, after a few phone calls we convince a local garage (still 40mins drive away though) to open for an hour just to repair my puncture. We get there and sorry to say the inner tire walls had been disintegrated on the journey from hotel to track! This meant my brand new AD08R was ruined, the track day over and a long slow 50mph journey home on a space saver spare tire.

32875801605_67826a6ce7.jpg

Was a bit gutted to say the least. Destroys your soul a little bit! Ahh well, I have ordered two more AD08Rs, booked blyton this Saturday so let’s try again! This hobby can be a bit of a mother*cker, we just crack on.

Just had a message from Circuit Days and they have booked me on to the next Anglesey day free of charge! Mega appreciate that as they really didn't have to!

Edited by WillisRR