Traction off, but light still flashes ?

Alpinaman

Traction control switched off but the light next to the TC light flashes

Snow this morning and it was horrendous trying to get off the drive..

Is it a 2 part button like a bmw or is it just on and off and the light flashing whilst TC on normal?

And yes, like BMWs (in the sense that there are two systems), it's never truly off as long as the yaw sensor is active (under the center console), drifters install a hard switch on the actual sensor as I understand it. Killing that sensor completely disables all traction aids I believe (sorry for using wishy washy language, this is half remembered stuff from other threads). I don't know if it will change whether or not the light flashes when you are slipping though, I haven't been brave enough with mine yet. lol.

edit: Doh, I did it again, answered a 370 post as if it was a 350, now I have no idea if what I wrote is accurate :lol: Sorry.

Edited by Aashenfox

And yes, like BMWs (in the sense that there are two systems), it's never truly off as long as the yaw sensor is active (under the center console)

In the 350Z you can just unplug the ABS module (3 plugs on inside of drivers wing), I bet you can do the same on 370 too.