Clutch Sensor Switch

WwZed

During this cold spell my 55 plate 350z battery drained flat whilst parked in the garage and would not start. I invested in a battery conditioner which re-charged it over the next couple of days. I then tried to start the car and although all the lights on the dash came on, the car would not fire. As the car was in my garage and already out of gear I was trying to start the car without sitting in it [i.e. leaning through the open window]. This meant that I didn't press down the clutch pedal. After a period of checking the simple things like fuses and relays I was beginning to think the starter was playing up. But after a bit of forum searching I found out that the clutch pedal has a sensor switch [to ensure safe starting out of gear?]. I then tried to start the car whilst sitting in it and it fired up straight way.

Thought I would share this just in case anyone else encounters similar issues with a drained battery and cramped garage working conditions during the winter.