de-cats advice

valy

had a look under my Zed at the weekend and my cats look quite rough now with one of the heat shields starting to rattle

now I can get some newer cats and do a direct swap or thinking about getting these :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-Z33-3-5L-EXHAUST-DE-CAT-PIPES-DECAT-PIPES-SILENCED-2003-2005-/112062079845?fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item1a176ba365:g:RqkAAOSwZVlXjthI

am I right in saying that I need to get also these: https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/exhaust/blox-racing-cel-check-engine-light-eliminator-adapter.html

to avoid dashboard lights until an uprev/remap?

any of you have these type of decats on?

thanks

eBay stuff may be perfectly fine, but it also may be utter sh!te that is a real pain to return. You are far better off paying for a well known, tried and tested brand from one of the suppliers on here. You will need o2 spacers to avoid a CEL. What about MOT time as de-cats will not pass the emissions test?

Bit cheeky imo about those "BLOX Racing CEL Check Engine Light Eliminator Adapters" as they don't always work. :dry:

I had Berks De-Cats on my Zed which come with built in CEL eliminator adapters and this is what their blurb says....

350z DE Berk Technology Test Pipes

Dual 60mm Test Pipes w/ Built in O2 CEL fix. Additional O2 Bung Included on both pipes for left bank & right bank wide band O2 fuel tuning. Full 304SS. Built in CEL fix is ~95% effective in most cases. Your results may vary.

It didn't really matter to me as I had my Zed remapped as it was all done when I had my supercharger build finished but still worth noting that the CEL spacers don't always work. Hopefully if you go for it you'll be fine. ;)

thanks Paddy and GM,will see how busy I am in the new year and might buy them together with a cold air intake like Injen or AEM and then book the car for an uprev with Abbey,got other bits added as well so will be a beneficial trip (was mainly curios to know also how loud it will get with my current setup)

Been on ebay for a long time and I could say 99% of the time all went fine even with returns,depends who I am buying from

Also my previous Zed passed the MOT with the decats on...nothing wrong with that...depends how well looked after it is and what mods have gone in ;)