Owen's Gunmetal, UPDATE! Mines Lip, Side steps and Nismo spats.

owenjuice

Hey guys!

Some of you may remember me from a few years back...

Had a 2005 Gt in Gun metal that was mint...but always wanted another white car after having a white civic coupe years ago so me and my house mate wrapped it white and black, doing piece by piece over a couple of months...

Bought like this...

IMG_1138.jpg

Than after a bit of this...

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

It ended up like this...

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

Then circumstances changed and had to do a lot of traveling so sold the 350z of an audi a4 avant diesel, which was the most uncoftable car i've ever driven, so after missing the zed too much I decided to buy another... Please see next post :)

Cheers,

Owen.

Edited by owenjuice

So then I bought a slightly older one an 04 on a "53 plate, quite high milage but had full service history, was GT model and had black leather which I preferred. Needed a few bits doing, needed new clutch and window mechanism for passenger side and has a little crack in front bumper...

OWEN_CAR.jpg

So as soon as I got it It had a full service including belts and spark plugs and new clutch and flywheel fitted along with new passenger window mechanism, which strangely enough didn't have the window reset button on it as think it was out of the skyline version, anyway didn't realise till the door card was off and old motor out, luckily it worked right away and fits snug so can't complain!

I've decided to leave it the colour it is as I do love it!

First thing I did was lower it on Tein S springs and fit spacers, 20mm front 25mm back. Only got one pic so far and not a very good one...

IMG_7526.jpg

Sits well I think!

Next I ordered some tarmac side steps from Andy on here and also got some nismo rear spats.

The sides and spats have now been colour coded and are being fitted on Tuesday along with a mines style lip from Chris at Tarmac sports.

I'm going to leave the lip in black but going to to get the bumper re spayed, crack fixed, number plate holder gone, and Nissan badge recess filled in then might get a square number plate and have it mounted on side of number to show off the grill a little more.

Then after thats done I plan to have the roof wrapped gloss black and rear windows tinted too.

Then onto performance mods.

I'll post some pictures up once the body shop have fitted the bits this week!

Cheers,

Owen.

Ok so had the side steps, thanks to Chris at Tarmac for sending me the guide, and had spats fitted too.

Car seems to have settled a little more springs now too.

Car is filthy so will try and get some decent pics took over the weekend.

Mines Lip has arrived too and will be going on next week :)

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

• Like 1

So got some better pics of the side steps and spatz and also test fitted my mines style lip from Chris at Tarmac.

I must say that the fitting of this lip is spot on, no modification needed at all!!

Love the look of it. Took decent pictures this morning but didn't fit the lip properly till later today so the pics of the lip it isn't secured on yet so i'll post some better pics soon!

IMG_7859.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

Cheers Davey :thumbs: Think i'll get the bumper resprayed, smoothed, remove the number plate holder and put a smaller plate on or put a square one on to one side to show the grill off more. Then I think black gloss roof with tinted windows, then Nismo spoiler.

That should do for styling mods then onto performance, Nothing too drastic just exhaust, de-cats, plenium spacer and re map.

Also want to get the paint touched up in a few places and wheels refurbished and then I should be happy I think!

Oh and want to remove the nurburgring sticker on the boot as was on when I bought it but don't like it.