Clutch Pedal Helper Spring

Dicky

Just been reading a post by Justin666 on the above subject.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86482-clutch-helper-spring-replacement/.

I'm interested in doing this but was wondering if anyone whose removed the spring completely can tell me how the pedal returns back to the start position when released without the spring to help it ??

Wouldn't you get cruise control problems from the clutch cc switch not being operated ?

If its all the same as the 350Z setup, yes i removed mine, it made it easier on the initial movement as your not trying to overcome the spring before it apply s force in the other direction, if you have read that thread, then you have probably read my write up on modifying the pedal fulcrum? which is the single most effective thing i did to the pedal, Nissan should have designed it like that in the first place.

• Like 1

If its all the same as the 350Z setup, yes i removed mine, it made it easier on the initial movement as your not trying to overcome the spring before it apply s force in the other direction, if you have read that thread, then you have probably read my write up on modifying the pedal fulcrum? which is the single most effective thing i did to the pedal, Nissan should have designed it like that in the first place.

Yes I did read your post Ricky but I couldn't quite understand the mod. I'm going to remove the pedal assembly so I can understand better how it works then read your post again which will better help me to understand.

Just been advised that the pedal, having been depressed, is returned back to its start position by the hydraulic pressure in the system.

That sounds right to me but can anyone confirm?

Yes! the so called helper spring is just to make the effort required feel less, due to the heavy nature of the whole setup, IE Nissan getting the fulcrum point wrong!

• Like 1

Just been advised that the pedal, having been depressed, is returned back to its start position by the hydraulic pressure in the system.

That sounds right to me but can anyone confirm?

Yes! the so called helper spring is just to make the effort required feel less, due to the heavy nature of the whole setup, IE Nissan getting the fulcrum point wrong!

So is it much heavier with it out or just a nice weighted pedal

The initial feel is the same when first pressing the pedal, but with spring removed its a little heavier, but looses that odd feeling that the spring adds as it goes from making it feel heavier to making it feel over assisted,

Its a difficult one as i thought remove it and improve the feel...but it doesn't stop it feeling heavy, mind you it also depends on clutch wear etc as this affects the feel a lot, moving the fulcrum point definitely improves things by about 40%.

• Like 1