Wiper washer problem

Templare

Hi, I bought a 2009 313 GT three weeks ago. When I try to use the wiper washer (either front and rear) it don't work and I can't listen any sound from pump. Today I checked the motor fuse and it was blown, so I changed it with a new one, but I didn't fix the problem and moreover I have got all sidelights on an so also the two ESP warning light on the dashboard. I removed it and everything, but the washer of course, went right again.

Any ideas about? Thank you.

p.s. sorry for my poor english, I'm not British.

From what I've read, the front and rear wipers operate on separate motors, my thinking is it's unlikely they both don't work.

Maybe some electrical gremlin?

They are fairly cheap to replace, about £10-£15 each from Eurocarparts if I remember correctly, so if you want you can try that, or someone who actually knows what they are on about will correct me and help out shortly :)

• Like 1

Usually for the windscreen washers not working I'd point you in the direction of one of the countless threads on it as it has been covered so many times.

Like here most recently: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/112174-screen-wash-not-working/

...But yours sounds like some sort of electrical problem to me from what you've said as if replacing the fuse has now caused the sidelights to stay on & lights on the dashboard to light up then that's very strange?! :dry::shrug:

Have you got a code reader to see if any error codes are showing?

• Like 1

From what I've read, the front and rear wipers operate on separate motors, my thinking is it's unlikely they both don't work.

Maybe some electrical gremlin?

They are fairly cheap to replace, about £10-£15 each from Eurocarparts if I remember correctly, so if you want you can try that, or someone who actually knows what they are on about will correct me and help out shortly :)

Thanks for your reply. I checked the ipdm e/r placed behind the battery and the #84 fuse is indicated as "motor" on the box. Just motor, not rear or front. It was blown so I was pretty sure to fix the problem. Anyway, it's very strange.

...But yours sounds like some sort of electrical problem to me from what you've said as if replacing the fuse has now caused the sidelights to stay on & lights on the dashboard to light up then that's very strange?! :dry::shrug:

Have you got a code reader to see if any error codes are showing?

Exactly, I fear a more big electrical problem. Sadly I have not got a code reader. Thank you for your reply.

Edited by Templare

You can check the code without a code reader but it is a bit more of a PITA. Use the ECU reset procedure below to get the EML to start flashing which will "morse code" style give you the code (video attached below to hopefully make it easier to understand)...

ECU reset guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

350Z fault codes PDF here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81962-350z-fault-codes-in-pdf/

Your best bet though still might be taking this problem to an Auto-electrician. Hope that helps in some way. ;)

• Like 1

I know its a long shot, but worth checking your earth connections are making good contact before you go spending big money.

A bad earth can give confusing symptoms.

I know, it was my job in Italy as well, but I'm afraid I'm getting lazy... :D anyway, the car is under warranty, so no pain (I hope...), just I would have like to fix the problem changing the fuse. Thanks a lot for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...