Help with Strange wheel noise

-Bradders-

Ok so since the Scotland trip/since it was rebuilt and off the road for 3 months, i've had a humming/vibration coming from what i'm 99% is the front left wheel. it only happens when i move the steering wheel left, and its just a small vibration at low speed, at higher speeds its a humming/vibration, there is no movement in the wheel when in the air, but could it still be the wheel bearing? or what else could it be? I've had it up in the air, tried spinning the wheel to replicate the noise but im guessing its only under load.

Banano arms where changed last year so wont be them. Brakes are fairly new only about 10k on them. first i though it was the tyre but i've since changed wheels and tyres and its still there. I've checked the lining in the arch, thats secure and not coming loose, only other thing i can think, is i have a small split in the front bumper along level with the wing, wondering if that might be affecting the wheel in any way?

Any ideas/inspections welcome lol.

Cheers in advance.

Change it you'll notice the difference.

mine got bad around corners particularly and noticed my steering was effected too my steering started acting as if someone was lightly grabbing the steering wheel (I stopped using the car at that point). now I have changed the wheel bearing I have realised all along since owning the car it must have had some noise. Upon removing the bearing it was seized half a rev smooth half a rev bo wonder the car felt sluggish. long story short it's a dream to drive again!!! And actually no drone

Make sure you have a good hammer, chisel, and a good release penetrating oil is my advice to help prise off if seized. I used the wd40 release penetrating oil worked a treat and plenty of elbow grease!!!! Be careful when removing the hub try and keep the bottom bolt in good condition as it is a pain to completely remove / replace. I went brought set of new bolts for peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure its the front left? Have you had someone else sit in the passenger seat to confirm?

Could it be anything to do with the steering column? Power steering? Bits of crap stuck in the brake caliper? (you can probably tell I am not a technical guy and just taking a punt!)

Issue resolved. Next time you're in the car listening for noises, remember your currently deaf in the right ear and don't assume everythings on the left :lol: Changed the right one last night, the bearing was well overdue literally can barely turn it by hand and it literally crunches as you spin it lol.

• Like 1