Clutch Pedal Height Adjustment

Dicky

Any body ever attempted this ? Had a go this morning but can even get a spanner on the adjustment locking nut...BUGGAR!! theres just no room at all.

Did you have to use an offset spanner of some kind because even if could get the spanner on the nut there's no space to even move it before it hits something..

Also does anyone know the correct size spanner, Ive it read its supposed to be 12mm ?***!!&**?

Thanks for the input Tricky, I had read the post in your link but while the 350 & 370 share the same basic method of operation the assemblies seem to be different and access seems impossible and I've carried out lots and lots of awkward jobs in my time. I just can't see anyway of getting a spanner onto the nut and even then, being able to turn it.

I've asked the stealers for a price unless someone who's managed to do it can offer some advice.

This is the first car job that is threatening to defeat me in over 50 yrs. I'm afraid that old age and premature Rigor mortis have won the day.

This just ain't a job for a stiff limbed old farts of 69 (even though very well preserved and devastatingly good looking)

and have finally realised that limited space and an old men are mutually exclusive.

The only course of action to give me have half a chance is to remove the drivers seat so I can lie down on my back and contemplate my next avenue of attack.

I'm taking my mobile out with me and given the wife the fire brigades number in case I get stuck and need cutting out.

Wish me luck lads cos I may not return from this clutch pedal encounter !! :)

LOL! i know just how you feel, i now shun certain jobs on the car, wont touch a clutch replacement any more, the 370 must be a real pain, i know i found the clutch pedal modification on the 350GT a bit of a pain 5 years ago, and i am now 64 and have arthritis and fooked knees, but also still work out, and stunningly handsome too. ;) seat out is definitely a good idea, or the fire brigade cutting gear will make a nasty mess ;) Good luck fella.

• Like 1