Anybody Spray Paint?

Exec

That brings me to another question, is epoxy based filler/ glue suitable to fill in kerbs before sanding/primer in? I hear of people doing this as opposed to body filler.

Ispon do a metal filler. Its very good and goes off pretty sharpish.

Yes mate got to base coat, dip and lacquer again.

Just one of those things. 5 bits dipped perfect, all sat next to each other and 2 had silicone reactions when lacquering.

Just a git of a job.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was considering using the same gun for laquer/ base coat but iv been advised to spend good money on a base gun and suffice with a cheaper laquer gun as opposed to using the same one for both ? Due to cleaning and bits curdling and sticking to the fluid needle meaning I'd blast the occasional bit of crap out onto the job?

I was considering using the same gun for laquer/ base coat but iv been advised to spend good money on a base gun and suffice with a cheaper laquer gun as opposed to using the same one for both ? Due to cleaning and bits curdling and sticking to the fluid needle meaning I'd blast the occasional bit of crap out onto the job?

Honestly id use rattle cans for base coat.

Weve started to use them for hydrodipping. Its the same paint just put into an aerosol.

Personally i think you get a better finish. Certainly as an amatuer if youre only doing wheels

Lacquer deffo out of a gun though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So my clear gun isn't anywhere as near important as my base gun? Im debating whether to use the Sata mini jet I'm considering for base and clear until I can afford a secondary dedicated clear gun. I'm also tied between a 1.0sr tip or a 1.2sr

• 4 weeks later...

So I've just bought a Sata mini jet 4400b 1.2 Sr hvlp which I plan to use for base coat. Now I'm on the lookout for another for clear coat. Il probably just get another hvlp as opposed to the rp (reduced pressure). Depends what bargains I see first!