Damn bulb

Zedrush

Cheers guys thats not as bad as I thought they will be. Just dont understand why doesnt work, Its a 55 car. He had the insides of the lamps painted and had some condensation, wonder if thats what caused it? :wacko:

possibly, you shouldnt touch the glass bit of a HID for some reason either.

Cheers guys thats not as bad as I thought they will be. Just dont understand why doesnt work, Its a 55 car. He had the insides of the lamps painted and had some condensation, wonder if thats what caused it? :wacko:

possibly, you shouldnt touch the glass bit of a HID for some reason either.

yeh Like Im gonna change it :lol: getting the bonnet open is technical enough for me :lol:

Its cause the grease on your fingers "cooks" the glass and makes them hotter... Same on halogens that you use around the house, you should always try and use gloves or a clean cloth.

Condensation wont help either. The standard ones in the zed have a filiment outside of the main bulb, the PIAA ones are an enclosed unit.

I would take the lamp unit out, put it in an airing cupboard or warm place leaving exit hols free (I have heard that using a tampon just dangeling indside the lamp unit can help to soak up the moisture) for a few days and then reseal round the edges using a clear or black waterproof sealent so it dosnt happen again...

cheers 3fiddy will tell him to do that when he gets back, just to make sure that we are on the same lines, when I turn the lights on half way the correct lights come on, small ones but when I turn on full the big one with plastic case around it wont turn on... :blush:

cheers 3fiddy will tell him to do that when he gets back, just to make sure that we are on the same lines, when I turn the lights on half way the correct lights come on, small ones but when I turn on full the big one with plastic case around it wont turn on... :blush:

Yep, on the stalk 1/2 a turn gets the parking lights (W5W), and then a full turn are the driving lights (D2R) and then if you push the stalk you get full beam lights (H7). So yep sounds like one of the D2R's has gone, If you dont know the bulb type and colour now, best to change both as it will look miss matched.

think you should be paying for the new bulbs. It was in your possesion when it blew :lol:

Lol sod off :lol:

Just called up uncle big Phil... again :blush: They done me a fantastic deal :yahoo: shockingly low price :yahoo: plus Andrew said he is going to get a special phone just for my calls :lol: Think they are gonna place it in the bin :lol::lol: