engine rebuild parts list

wilo

iv tried the search function but cant find the info needed so can anyone link me if the information is available please.

okay my 2004 DE is quite high mileage but i absolutely love it to bit , so while its off the road through the worst winter months im contemplating having it rebuilt.

i have a mechanic friend so labour charges wont be horrendous but im looking for a complete and thorough list of whats needed to be replaced to basically get the engine back to like it was (day one) from factory.

i dont think ill be going the FI route but wouldnt mind fitting better suited internals that could cope with frequent hard excceleration and higher revs .

Probably more cost effective to just replace with a low millage lump from one of the traders on here.

Saying that, Bradders re built his recently, he should be able to help you if thats the road you go down.

I do recall saying it before and I will say it again, if it aint broke don't fix it. No harm in putting money aside incase the worst happens but fixing something that isn't broke? I wouldn't bother.

its on 132000 and only real problem is excessive oil consumption and intermittent power loss .

cold its fine and very resonsive but once warmed up it seams more sluggish ..and no i dont hammer it cold lol ...but the diffence is very noticeable.

and with my prefered driving style i would like the engine to last a few more years if possible ...thats only reason really .

also i know these engines are rated for 200000 but i dnt think that includes 200000 with a heavy right foot

Probably more cost effective to just replace with a low millage lump from one of the traders on here.

Saying that, Bradders re built his recently, he should be able to help you if thats the road you go down.

I do recall saying it before and I will say it again, if it aint broke don't fix it. No harm in putting money aside incase the worst happens but fixing something that isn't broke? I wouldn't bother.

yea that quote has been said to me before mate but would rather be preemptive than blow it up through the summer months ...that would be just my luck

http://tinyurl.com/j3k4ytf

Have a look here - might be useful. Different options out there but just think about what is cost effective. Good luck!

cheers pal ..just had a read through and alot of good info but not sure if its a concise list other than what parts are replaced/cleaned/reground by specific garages doing the work . not a cheap job to say the least either

It's up to you but a complete engine overhaul done properly will be expensive and no point replacing parts if there's nowt wrong with them. I reckon at least start with investigating where the oil is going and take it from there mate... Get a leak down test done and see what crops up.

It's up to you but a complete engine overhaul done properly will be expensive and no point replacing parts if there's nowt wrong with them. I reckon at least start with investigating where the oil is going and take it from there mate... Get a leak down test done and see what crops up.

thats where im struggling mate ..cant find anyone local with time and gear to do a leak down test .

I had an emissions test done which the guy told me he could get a rough impression of how healthy the engine was by the results but i dont see how an emission test would account for every parameter that governs how healthy or efficient an engine is

Well start with a compression test - easy to do yourself and the kit is only about £25 (gunson compression tester). May as well combine with a spark plug change if they're due... you could always put leak down test in the wanted section to see if any other zedders nearby can help?

Edited by evest
  • Like 1