Crank Position Failure: Code: P0335 CKP Problem

JordsF

Hey guys!

So this is my first post on the forum after owning my Zed for 8 weeks... so "whatsup!" Lol :teeth:

Basically, I wanted to write this post as I couldn't find any real relevant information across the internet to solve my problem. Please don't shoot the messenger as I am aware there are many other topics about Crank position sensors, but none of them are concluded...

If anybody feels it could be put into a pinned section, please feel free to do so.

Too cut a long story short, I broke down and had to call the AA... my car had been glitchy for a couple of weeks and I swapped my cam position sensors... to which I thought cured my symptoms, until I broke down....

The AA man did a fault read on my car and was coming up crank position sensor every time we cleared the codes.

I couldn't seem to find one online and saw a picture on a forum which looked just like a cam position sensor... could it be the same sensor? I phoned up a few auto factors, and they only list cam position sensors for the 350z so I thought it's got to be the seem... turns out I was wrong.

It is a dealer only part. I've ordered one from Nissan, which cost £74 and will collect it in the morning and get it fitting, hoping that my zed will return back to its perfect running and performance.

I've put pictures on showing the part numbers if anybody requires them.

I do hope this solves all my woes that I'm having with the zed, because I thought they were bulletproof... which I'd imagine they are once new parts are installed....

If anybody has any tips for me, feel free to let me know!

Cheers guys!

Jord. :boxing:

post-29252-0-91362700-1477497089_thumb.jpg

post-29252-0-65595600-1477497091_thumb.jpg

post-29252-0-08562700-1477497093_thumb.jpg

Welcome along. They are pretty bulletproof engines, I've owned mine for over six years and never had a problem, a tip would be check your oil level regularly. That's what kills most 350's , if the light comes on it's usually too late ;)

Hi JordsF,

In regards to CPS, from experience and research the sensors that do go bad, generally go bad around 60,000-80,000miles,

You are right for going pure OEM replacement, do not get aftermarket for the CPS (There are 2 in total, 1 each bank, and a 3rd "Crankshaft Sensor" underneath engine near back), Furthermore if/when they do go bad, the others seem to give in aswell.

CPS (Camshaft Position Sensor) symptons:

Misfire, Longer to start, random engine stalling(scary and dangerous), poor engine running.

The engine themselves are bulletproof, its the eletronics that surround it.

Leading on from that, I'm guessing the brake down was a series of things, misfiring, then eventually stalling and falling to restart due to CPS overheated as well as being worn through age and use.

Other eletronics to look if misifiring are the Coil Packs also, tends to be 50/50 with these as well.

Furthermore, ZEUS has made a good comment towards the oil side of things,

Welcome and Good Luck.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the welcome!

Ive fitted the crank position sensor today and all is looking good!!

The final price from Nissan was £89.04, so not so bad.... but being an engineer in research and development, It only seems right to strip the old sensor down and see if I can develop a cheaper replacement!!!

I will look after her, I promise!!