wanted - 370Z Headlight driver side.

MrMartinPGrant

i've literally spent week trying ebay and every salvage yard i could find on google, in ireland and the uk.

ive now decided tomorrow i'm taking the headlight out, putting it in the oven so i can split it open then dry the water that's in it, and testing to find the fault, i suspect its the ballast that's water damaged, if so im sure i can find one for around £90 used and a new bulb, it's just the thought of the work involved and rip off nissan that has me pi**ed

I had the same problem finding a reasonably prices passenger side replacement. Ended up getting a used one from New Zealand as everywhere else was ridiculous.

My housing was broken but the internals were fine, so if you need any parts, I have them (I'm guessing the ballast is the same part on both sides?

• Like 1

right, so took the headlight out, got the water out of it, got it completely dried, found where the water was getting in,

tested the bulbs, all okay, tested the ballast and found it was faulty, took it apart, it was corroded inside,

phoned nissan for price of new ballast, = £1000.00 (one thousand) kid you not lol

went on google, searched part number, found one for £80.00. bought it.

spent 2 hours tonight putting it all back together.

lights now working :D

• Like 1

I had the same problem finding a reasonably prices passenger side replacement. Ended up getting a used one from New Zealand as everywhere else was ridiculous.

My housing was broken but the internals were fine, so if you need any parts, I have them (I'm guessing the ballast is the same part on both sides?

i hadn't been on the internet in a few days, so only saw your post, i never even through to check if the ballast is the same on both sides.