ECU code help

Andyk75

A couple of things; i thought the CEL flashed slowly 10 times before flashing quickly then giving you the code and once the fast flashes for the code had stopped it flashed slowly 10 times again. Secondly could the 11 flashes then 10 flashes then 3 flashes mean that the code is P1103 which is a problem with the MAP sensor heater?? Just a thought. I suppose the only surefire way to get a definitive answer would be to plug in a code reader.

Andy, why don't you pop into the Cougarstore tomorrow and ask Mitz nicely if he'll plug in his code reader, that way you'll know for sure whats wrong and the course of action you need to take in order to fix it?? He's in Leicester so can't be that far away from you. It just seems strange that you're only getting 2 slow flashes before it goes into the fast flashing series to give you the code.

The light is flashing the code P2A03. The 11 flashes indicates an A. Earlier cars didn't use letters in the DTCs, so that may be why some are confused.

P2A03 is an air/fuel sensor 1 (bank 2) fault.

The light is flashing the code P2A03. The 11 flashes indicates an A. Earlier cars didn't use letters in the DTCs, so that may be why some are confused.

P2A03 is an air/fuel sensor 1 (bank 2) fault.

ok great, whats the fix for this? could it be dirty air filter or something simple?

Oh yeah Karl I've just found it; P2A03 = Air/Fuel sensor 1 bank 2 circuit range/performance. What the hell it means though other than the sensor is knackered, I'm afraid I haven't got a bloody clue. I'd still be inclined to let Mitz do his magic.

I totally agree that a full diagnostic is the best way to go.

The Service Manual describes the conditions that cause this fault to be recorded as:

a. The output voltage computed by ECM from the A/F sensor 1 signal is shifted to the lean side for a specified period, or

b. The output voltage computed by ECM from the A/F sensor 1 signal is shifted to the rich side for a specified period.

The specified period is not defined.

Possible causes listed in the manual are a bad sensor or sensor heater, excessively low or high fuel pressure, a bad injector, or an intake air leak. I suspect the sensor is the faulty part here.