Warm starting problems HELP!!

Sunnyz

Hello All,

Proud owner of a JDM 03' 350z, however over the past few weeks I am experiencing issues with starting my vehicle. My engine turns over first time when its cold, however if i switch it off and start the engine back up, it keeps turning but never sparks into life. This has become a daily issue now and have to wait for the engine to cool down before continuing on my journey.

My mechanic said its not my starter motor or my fuel pump as they were tested. What they believe is the issue is the crackshaft sensor. The intend to replace this sensor this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?

Thanks

Hello,

I had this issue, never really got to the bottom of it. My car would start fine cold then struggle when it was warm, it would only start and stay running if i applied some throttle. I have read that it might be related to a dirty MAF sensor or throttle body and it isn't really anything to worry about.

However, a few months later my engine packed in with a burnt exhaust valve. It's unlikely that you have the same problem, but something to keep in mind if you can't find an answer to the problem.

Cheers

I had this before (a hard start condition once warm) on a BMW.

Different car I know, but it was also the camshaft position sensors.

Is it throwing any codes or have you had any EML's?

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Edited by ThreeFiddyZ

Hello All

First can i say thanks for all your reponses.

I went to the garage last week and they replaced the camshaft sensor, and has since then started everytime first time.

However, it fires up around 3-5 seconds. Not sure if this is a problem with the crankshaft sensor also?