CW***EEF

Juggalo

Deeside on Monday. Silver with a kit on. Looked good, albeit badly in need of a clean.

A most unfortunate reg number. Time to get a private plate me thinks :D

I was undercover in the works VW Golf.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 1

Yes, needs a good clean. Due to circumstances beyond my control I have to leave it parked underneath some trees and I can't access my driveway until the Japanese Knot Weed growing on the verge opposite my house dies back. Of course, the council know about the weed but won't do anything about it despite the fact they are breaking the law (its their verge)...also the field next to it is covered in the stuff too and that's owned by The Welsh Assembly :angry:

In case you're wondering, I daren't drive past it or even touch it because I'm scared it might spread onto my land.

Pete

It's an ongoing saga. The council came down about 6 years ago and sprayed some stuff on it. That cleared it for a while but the problem was that it was also in the field right next to our lane and they couldn't treat that. They issued an enforcement notice to the owners of the field but apart from cutting it down they ignored it and then sold up and went to live in Spain. Of course, it soon spread back to the grass verge outside our house. The thing is, the council won't cut it down when they cut the grass verges as this will spread it around.

It's been there ever since I've lived here, I'm guessing that it's something to do with the disused railway that used to run right past our house and it hasn't really spread, it's just got a lot thicker. From the looks of it, it only grows where there's plenty of light as it's not spread past the row of trees in our lane.

Removal or total remover anyway is extremely difficult and costly, it cost 70 million to remove it from where they built the Olympic Stadium :scare:

Pete

Yeah I know if you have it in your land you are legally obliged to contain and burn it, you aren't allowed to transport even if dead.

Very nasty stuff. I'd inform environment agency and say you know some knotweed on land and the landowner even though aware is not abiding by their legal obligations. Good luck matey