Time for a new clutch? Should I get it done before selling?

glastoveteran

I'm getting my UK 53 reg coupe ready for sale as I'm importing an MY07 roadster from Japan and she's due to be ready in about a month's time.

Current mileage is 38,500 and due to an oversight on my part and also a mis-understanding it's not had the 36,000 mile P3 service. Looking back over the history it doesn't look like it's ever had a new clutch either, so presumably it's still on the original? Is it a fair assumption that it's probably in need of one and will likely come up in the service?

If this is the case and assuming it's likely to cost in the region of £1,500+ then is it really worth my while spending all that money just to sell? I know this question is sometimes asked and people recommend doing so, but does it really make financial sense to do that?

I'm certainly not trying to screw anyone over, but it did have a P1 recently so how likely is it that buyers will question the service history?

Or am I better off trying to sell it to an independent dealer?

Thanks in advance :D

I'm getting my UK 53 reg coupe ready for sale as I'm importing an MY07 roadster from Japan and she's due to be ready in about a month's time.

Current mileage is 38,500 and due to an oversight on my part and also a mis-understanding it's not had the 36,000 mile P3 service. Looking back over the history it doesn't look like it's ever had a new clutch either, so presumably it's still on the original? Is it a fair assumption that it's probably in need of one and will likely come up in the service?

If this is the case and assuming it's likely to cost in the region of £1,500+ then is it really worth my while spending all that money just to sell? I know this question is sometimes asked and people recommend doing so, but does it really make financial sense to do that?

I'm certainly not trying to screw anyone over, but it did have a P1 recently so how likely is it that buyers will question the service history?

Or am I better off trying to sell it to an independent dealer?

Thanks in advance :D

If the clutch is not causing any issues then I wouldn't be changing it to sell.

Standard clutch is £250 fitting around 3-4 hours labour.

my clutch has just gone, had it since november done about 1000 miles felt fine then all off a sudden just started revvin and going no where!!!! mind not to worry phils sorting the parts and being a top bloke about it!!

clutch isnt that expensive to swap really just gets abit pricey when flywheels gone to!