Ultimate iPad Mini Cubby Solution

DarmoZ

This product looks like the best solution to install an iPad Mini into the cubby of the 350z:

http://www.soundmanc...ucts/sideslider - Check out the video on product page. I like it because it allows for easy slide in / slide out of the iPad with the power cable fixed into the dash.

This somewhat ready made product will still requires some fabrication work however and the video demonstrates what he did on the Toyota, which I imagine would be a very similar process for the 350z cubby.

FYI this has been discussed before:

So, because I am useless with this type of thing, my questions are:

Anyone already successfully installed this product?

If not, anyone who feels they have the skills can perhaps offer up the service for a fee?

p.s. I have already the contacted the company in America to see if he has any example guides/pics/vids of any '350zee' Installs he has done.

Edited by DarmoZ

Doug (Soundman) has already done a 350 and 370. I was going to buy his kit and so no fecking way at that price just for a piece of plastic. Still I watch his daily videos without fail.

Otherwise I made my own kit!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92221-ipad-mini-install-obdii-dash-command-page-10/

And some recent pics.

1882CBDA-F6FE-4D26-9DC8-AEC56BEFF6AF_zpshouukzys.jpg

13E093CB-D121-4BAE-A349-3C94D71DA61D_zpsdjnqe503.jpg

Nice DIY Job looks very good, any reason why you choose to put it in the HU area rather than the cubby?

Yes, i saw Rafa's finished work on a 350z here: http://www.imgrum.ne...0932515_8698440

That is exactly what i am after, i'm wondering if can ship my centre piece out to him in the US for the work to be done.

Unless you want to offer a service Wasso if people buy their own kits? You seem to be handy at fab work from the pics above :)

Iv'e also reached out to these Ipad installers for BMW's in wales for 350z quote. https://www.facebook.com/customcarinteriors

Edited by DarmoZ

If you read the link, you'll see why I have negated the HU, although in short I'm running all sound from my ipad, into a Audison Bit One Processor which accepts digital in. Then digital into my Audison AV 5.1k Okay so this is an expensive route, but there's many other options.

Sure Rafa would accept your dash piece and he will do the work. Message him for a price, but I'd say for his work, shipping and return inclusive of the side slider you'll be looking at £600+ I'd say.

I'd do the work, but it's something I've spent a lot of time doing, so it's something I couldn't do in one weekend. Although Doug's kit does save a lot of time. Read through my install and you'll see why it takes so much time.

Just went through your thread, alot of good work, well done!

I have received an email back from Custom Car Interior in Wales:

"Hey to answer this email shortly, yes I have seen sound man kits. I can do this for sure. My kit is better than a sound man kit tho as its completely flat on the back when the iPad is taken out. It looks more better. The sound man kit had a dent to tilt the iPad.

My custom work for custom panels are £250+ for labour.

If your interested I can talk more for sure. I'm based in the uk and can ship worldwide.

Regards

Marc"

Sounds promising, will need to follow up.