350z Clutch Replacement

brummimatt

Hi All,

My 05 roadster has done 39k from new but from what i read the clutches go at around that time and it slipped the other day changing from 1st to second. I'd prefer to change the clutch rather than sell without and the new owner have grief.

Can anyone recommend a good garage in SW London to get the labour done? By the looks of it Zmanalex is my best bet to buy the parts?

post-26649-0-14541100-1473075403_thumb.png

is the clutch actually slipping, or did it just slip once on the often difficult 1st to 2nd gearchange? I only ask, cos i'd consider 39,000 miles really quite low for a clutch replacement! my clutch still felt fine on 70k miles when I sold my car, and there will be many more that have done more than that.

do you know how its been driven for those 39k miles? if its lots of town driving/slipping the clutch uphill in traffic, then maybe. I mean, admire the intentions of sorting it before selling it, but unless you're absolutely sure it needs doing i'd leave it, and perhaps give a new buyer a discount off the sales price.

Actually i'd go even further than that, if I was buying a car that had done 39k and it had already had a clutch change, i'd seriously wonder how it had been driven in those 39k miles!

• 4 weeks later...

just had an Extreme clutch fitted in my 09 HR,got it from Clarke Motorsport.It makes a bit of noise on takeup due to the single mass flywheel but once you are moving it is fine.I had it fitted at Northwest Transmissions in Liverpool.At the same time they sorted out a synchro issue on fifth gear.I found them in yellow pages and they were very good.