Opinion on replacement wheel bearing.

bezza1121

So have noticed my car has been making a quiet rumbling sound when turning right from the front passenger side. Seems to have got a lot louder recently and my partner has described a sensation of something slapping her foot under the floor whenever I go around a sharpish corner. it seems to be louder the sharper the corner, and now starting to do it when I am driving even around a very slight right.

I also noticed the other day when going onto a large roundabout approximately 20 mph it was louder .Comes from the front passengers side when turning right. The tyres look ok, the brakes are worn evenly so leads me to believe the bearing is on it's way out I suspect its where I have walloped a pothole can vaguely recall hitting one a few months back.

Long story short bearing is £330 from Nissan ex vat. , Seen aftermarket ones in the region of £150. Now I'm guessing most bearings will be remanufactured from original using the same or very similar materials.

I'm now trying to decide what to go for as of course it's a safety critical part. Has anybody got any experience of using aftermarket wheel bearings with the Zed? and is it worth it? I don't usually go for aftermarket :s