350Z HR (or 370?) resonated decats.. options??

MarkSt

Hi all,

Thinking I may go for a set of decats for the performance, but not really wanting the extra noise as I love the sound of my Invidia Gemini as it is..

I heard James' Motordyne ART pipes coupled with his Invidia Gemini and it really didn't sound too different to mine with cats..

So are the ART pipes the only option available to me or are there other options out there? Trawling through old threads it looks like some possibly did exist (a few mentions of resonated decats) but not sure any are still around.

Also are the 370Z decats the same as the 350HR or were they changed again?

Many thanks in advance for the replies :thumbs:

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I actually found the Japspeed silenced decats to be pretty good , having heard them both i think the Japspeeds actually dampen the noise a little better than the Motordyne ones , which are a horrific price to be fair

I know Japspeed stuff is of variable quality but the decats seem pretty good , they fitted a few sets at H-Dev while I was there with no issues although they dont come with gaskets so you need to buy them seperatly

I suppose it depends on your budget as to what you choose. Motordyne arnt cheap but the quality is second to none.

To be fair, i bought mine secondhand but were in near perfect condition paying £250 for them! If im honest £600 IS a lot of £££.

But in my experience id probably still end up buying them...with the Motordyne HFC Y pipe...now youre up to just over a grand!! Eeeks!!

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on your budget as to what you choose. Motordyne arnt cheap but the quality is second to none.

To be fair, i bought mine secondhand but were in near perfect condition paying £250 for them! If im honest £600 IS a lot of £££.

But in my experience id probably still end up buying them...with the Motordyne HFC Y pipe...now youre up to just over a grand!! Eeeks!!

This is the whole debate really :/

You can get full Japspeed system, Backbox, Mid-Pipe, Y-Pipe & Decats for £400-£500

This is the whole debate really :/

You can get full Japspeed system, Backbox, Mid-Pipe, Y-Pipe & Decats for £400-£500

Yeah although id be a bit dubious about the quality of the parts but, as we said it depends on the owner, their budget and so on. Its nice knowing you have a tried and tested system under there. There are other makes though that are cheaper than the motordyne and pretty much on a par. One thing i did notice about motordyne is their weld quality.

Thanks for the input guys, I have an Invidia Gemini at the moment, which isn't exactly a cheap system, however spending nearly as much on a pair of decats is making me wince a little!

But at the same time I don't want to spend on say the Megan or similar system to find it's really not up to the job..

Mark

• 2 weeks later...