Quick way to see if ECU has been fettled?

Erni902

Hi guys,

As the title really. Recently purchased my Zed and it has plenum spacer, full Nismo exhaust, air filter etc etc.

Now, on a long (180+ miles) 'spirited' run I am returning circa 28mpg. This invilves several WOT acceleration runs off roundabouts (for those that know the A46 will know there are a quite a few) up to Xmph ;) and also motorway run of about 15-20miles at 90+ with a few jaunts if I get antagonised by some chavvy scrote. Also includes many miles of real good country driving roads.

For me to have ever returned this much mpg from my style of driving is just fantastic.

I have heard from several Zed owners that 28 is quite high for this kind of driving and others struggle to get 30+ on an economy run. (I cant confirm the mpg I get on an economy run because I havent dont one yet haha. Might try on the trip back tonight but doubt it will happen)

So the above leads me to believe that the car may have been uprevved and tuned slightly to gain better mpg figures. Seen as you effectively buy an uprev license is there anyway I can check this online with my reg/chassis no.?

Granted I wont be able to see if the ecu has been tuned in anyway until I get it hooked up but this will allow me to at least see if it has veen uprevved.

Any advice appreciated.

Rikki

Cheers Kyle, I may have to try very hard to do an economy run just out of interest if thats the case. Spose I could always glue a block of wood under the accelerator so it only goes down 20% haha.

I have only ever had bad experiences concerning mpg with cruise control on so dont use it anymore. Granted I havent yet tried it in the Zed but just dont like the way you can physically feel the car trying desperately to keep the same speed. Maybe Ive just experienced some bad designs but one of them was a porsche system so would expect it to be decent.