Doesn't feel as quick??

350Z paradise

Hi guys,i know i've read before that the 350 feels quicker than the 370.

I think personally that's because the 370 is more refined you get the feeling of it being slower,but don't be fooled,i've nearly been bitten on coming out of a few nice bends!!DSC_0749_zpsrqocx1ri.jpg_20160716_163039_zpsjxuo6oqf.jpgDSC_0617_zpsjx65ezy6.jpg-44673346788273__378x213-RGB_565-849985224_zps5nzaeyrv.jpg

I've covered around 4000 miles in my 370z since parting company with my beloved 350z 313 HR,and I've grown to love it!!

It's more planted in the corners,more torque & not as gruelling on my old man back when doing long journeys.

• Like 1

I've just switched from a 2004 350z to the newer 370z Nismo and i did have a similar sensation of the 350z feeling faster. I think it's down to the power delivery of the 370z.

The 350z felt stronger lower down the power band but the 370z pulls better the more you let it rev out. Granted I've only had it a week and haven't covered many miles so I'm still getting used to it.

All comments about it being too quiet are true though :(

Edited by 5tu
  • Like 1

I've just switched from a 2004 350z to the newer 370z Nismo and i did have a similar sensation of the 350z feeling faster. I think it's down to the power delivery of the 370z.

The 350z felt stronger lower down the power band but the 370z pulls better the more you let it rev out. Granted I've only had it a week and haven't covered many miles so I'm still getting used to it.

All comments about it being too quiet are true though :(

But that's the whole point of Nismofication. GT cruisers emphasise torque in the midrange but sports cars are designed to be kept on the boil where maximum power is i.e. north of 7000rpm in this case. The more aggressively you drive the Niz the more you'll get out of her, up until about 8/10ths. After that you'll probably crash.

As i've said elsewhere there are a lot of variables to consider comparing the two cars; gearing, traction, aero, compliance, differential locking etc. The 370zn should be 15 seconds quicker around the ring than the 350.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I do appreciate the urge higher up when performing perfectly legal overtaking manoeuvres ;)

A new exhaust is definitely under consideration. Is there anything that sounds similar to the Nismo S-tune on a 350z? I came from that and found it loud enough for my taste and everyday driving.

You might want to consider Stillen if you want a more sporty sound without being too loud. It also has the advantage of looking very similar to the stock Nismo exhaust from behind. Some aftermarket systems don't look right on the Nismo. Ark is another good choice.