NICE KNOB !!!

lomoto

Good point, but it seems a little bit of a hastle just to stop the gear knob getting hot - plus the roadster owners would have to put the roof up too. Maybe the plastic top off a deodorant can or something would do the trick?

A bespoke knob sock :p

• 4 months later...
thanks, my gear stick is quite sexy as well ;)

I bought a new Nismo gear thingy but reading the guides it sounds quite complicated (for me). How many people have done this and how hard is this? :headhurt:

to be honest Sarnie (knowing a bit about your mechanical expertise :teeth: ), I wouldn't attempt it .., as if you mess up the removal process (the original knob can be quite tight to remove and requires mole grips / pipe spanners etc.) you can damage the gearchange linkage / gearbox..leave it to someone who knows how..,and print a copy of the removal instructions for them ,so they can see how vital it is not to twist the gear shaft !! :scare:

I was in the middle of it one day at work, removed the trim etc but I got a call and I haven't dne it again. I must fit my knob though.

Trim removal and stuff are easy Sarnie, removing the knob was quite tough, I had a couple of goes before the phone rang!

found it quite easy and no tools required. Watch out for the cable tie that keeps the leather bit held onto the knob. Just gently prize that off before unscrewing the OEM knob. The OEM gear knob just unscrews. It's very tight to beging with though. Then just prize back on the cable tie once the new knob is on.