NICE KNOB !!!

lomoto

I think it looks quite nice. Hope fitting goes ok! :thumbs:

Here a photo of it installed ,nothing to do at work today ,so got this fitted along with the other wheels with new Falken tyres on..I dont recommend fitting a different gear knob unless you have access to some good quality mole grips and a pipe spanner, its really tight to get the original item off !!

Took it for a quick spin and I must say it feels really nice change. with the shorter throw,and feels better for me with the lower position of the knob...may not suit everyone but I,m pleased..it will stop on :thumbs:

gear2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Looks good, Tim. :D

Problem with these aluminium knobs is that they get too hot to touch in the summer (well not today I suppose :dry: ) and bloody freezing in the winter. I'd invest in some nice driving gloves now. :thumbs:

Problem with these aluminium knobs is that they get too hot to touch in the summer (well not today I suppose :dry: ) and bloody freezing in the winter. I'd invest in some nice driving gloves now. :thumbs:

Yes too true :blush: , very hot when sun's been on it, not too bothered about the cold weather as she will be garaged up come the first frost :teeth:

Guest prescience

Yes too true :blush: , very hot when sun's been on it, not too bothered about the cold weather as she will be garaged up come the first frost :teeth:

:p mine too

:p mine too

Oh to have the luxury...... ;)

Tim - the one concern I have over the all metal gear knobs, is that in the sun they will get very hot.

I have an all metal, or mostly metal one in the golf, and it gets red hot during the summer, so much so that I blast the aircon onto it for the first 10 minutes of th drive home after it being parked up at work all day.

I take it from your previous post you have had this issue in the Z with this knob fitted?

Tim - the one concern I have over the all metal gear knobs, is that in the sun they will get very hot.

I have an all metal, or mostly metal one in the golf, and it gets red hot during the summer, so much so that I blast the aircon onto it for the first 10 minutes of th drive home after it being parked up at work all day.

I take it from your previous post you have had this issue in the Z with this knob fitted?

Oh yes Chris :teeth: in the direct sun you have to put a hanky or similar over it :scare: