wierd clutch problem

jtuner

Hey guys

My zeds developed a problem :wacko: I've been having that issue of hearing a squeaking noise from under the car when pushing in the clutch after a few mintutes of driving for a while now. But in the last few days its got worse, now, not only does it squeak but it makes a weird creaking noise when lifting off it too and you can feel the clutch pedal travel isn't as smooth as it should be. That's problem 1, problem 2 is yesterday whilst driving back from Tesco, the clutch all of a sudden developed free play in it a quarter of the way down before meeting resistance and then engaging the clutch. Lifting of its the same, there's free play in the pedal and almost like a slight resistant which disappears and the free play continues until it actually meets resistance and works as it should. The biting point also changed when this happened, then after a while the resistance gradually comes back and the free play disappears all together. This happened twice yesterday, any ideas?

The free play may be a hydraulic issue if a DE or HR.

If HR probably the CSC.

If DE could be slave, line and fluid time.

Clutch forks on the DE are prone to getting dry on the pivot ball and eventually breaking, so try some lub in from the aperture in the gearbox.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem on my 04DE. I added copper grease to the connection of the slave cylinder to the clutch fork within the transmission. It is a pretty simple job, if you can lift the car.

My car is LHD so I am unsure if the location translates directly, but the on the left side of the transmission there is a rubber boot through which the slave/clutch arm goes, if you open it up you will see the connection, which has likely gone dry, add some copper grease to this joint and reinsert the rubber boot. This should clear up your problem, I know that it helped with mine.

Regards,

Eigen