Engine management light

Spoons

Hi, hoping this can be resolved fairly easily.

I disconnected the battery while I was upgrading to stainless steel brake lines. During the process I had to reconnect the battery to shut the windows as it started to **** it down. I did press the brake pedal at this time prior to bleeding the syst, before disconnecting again before doing the rears.

I bled the brakes and then reconnected the battery and now the engine light is on.

Has the ECU picked up a false fault with pressing the brake pedal prior to bleeding or have o just got it confused disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

How do I turn the dam thing off. Im happy there is no real fault that exists as all I have done is change the hoses.

Any help would be great and appreciated.

Cheers Matt

Edited by Spoons

Hello Matt, if you want to turn off the EML then you need to do the "ECU reset" AKA "the pedal dance".

Guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

When I first tried it as my EML came on after adding HFC's (High Flow Cats) I was trying to use a clock with a seconds hand on it just to get the timings right but in the end counting in my head worked better. It can be a bit tricky to get right at first but stick with it as it will work.

Once you've turned the EML off though if it comes on again it would be best to get the codes read just to check that there isn't an underlying fault. Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hello Matt, if you want to turn off the EML then you need to do the "ECU reset" AKA "the pedal dance".

Guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

When I first tried it as my EML came on after adding HFC's (High Flow Cats) I was trying to use a clock with a seconds hand on it just to get the timings right but in the end counting in my head worked better. It can be a bit tricky to get right at first but stick with it as it will work.

Once you've turned the EML off though if it comes on again it would be best to get the codes read just to check that there isn't an underlying fault. Good luck. :thumbs:

Thanks pal that's great I'll give it a go, not much of a dancer though so may have to get the wife to do it 😉ðŸ‘

Why did you disconnect the battery to replace the brake hoses?...

as per the workshop manual. It's either that or unplug the plugs on the abs system. I assume it's to avoid any interference from the abs whilst bleeding or a safety feature or just nissan been paranoid lol.