Damned decats and exhaust frustration

SteveW

So, after my car hit 11 the driver side cat started rattling like hell all the time.

I got hold of a set of H-Dev decats and a Motordyne XYZ with HFC.

I've spent about 10 hours under the car the last 3 days. Got the old stuff off no problem, sensors out and all the new stuff on. However putting it all back something wasn't right.

Where the XYZ joins the cobra exhaust which has been on the car years it joins at an angle and the flanges will not align. The decats sit too close to the heat shields, the XYZ fouls the gearbox mount on the drivers side but miles away at the passenger side!!!!! Arghhhhhh, wound up is an understatement!

I reckon it must be the decats that are wrong a messing up everything else.

With OEM cats and a Crapspeed Y pipe I had no issues.

So next job is put the OE cats back on and figure out if it's the decats or the XYZ that's wrong. Really hope it's the decats.....

Edited by SteveW

So, after my car hit 11 the driver side cat started rattling like hell all the time.

I got hold of a set of H-Dev decats and a Motordyne XYZ with HFC.

I've spent about 10 hours under the car the last 3 days. Got the old stuff off no problem, sensors out and all the new stuff on. However putting it all back something wasn't right.

Where the XYZ joins the cobra exhaust which has been on the car years it joins at an angle and the flanges will not align. The decats sit too close to the heat shields, the XYZ fouls the gearbox mount on the drivers side but miles away at the passenger side!!!!! Arghhhhhh, wound up is an understatement!

I reckon it must be the decats that are wrong a messing up everything else.

With OEM cats and a Crapspeed Y pipe I had no issues.

So next job is put the OE cats back on and figure out if it's the decats or the XYZ that's wrong. Really hope it's the decats.....

Crapspeed lol, dont hear me complaining about fitting issues and i have full japspeed decats y pipe, mid section and backbox :p

Have you tried doing a loose fit to see if it aligns fit, then if so tighten bolts accordingly or is it just too far out. If you know somebody with a blow torch you could heat the offending areas enough to bend and twist the sections. :)