Advise and best practice needed to fit front lip

veeg33

I've decided to treat myself with a front lip --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/110000-offer-new-improved-minesveilside-lip-03-06-pre-facelift-350z/

Chris has advised to use Tiger Seal to bond the lip onto my current bumper. Was wondering if you guys have any experience with similar job? Do i need to sand the bonding surfaces to make it rough ish for better bonding? I shall rub them with some 99% IPA before applying TIger Seal.

I think it will be permanent on my front bumper, so I'm assuming I'll need use as much as possible? Or a tiny bit will do the job? Really don't want it to come off easily especially whilst driving.

Further advise and best practice are highly welcomed =)

Make sure you mask the front bumper to avoid scratching :thumbs:

Might want to use a couple of self tappers too

Sorry Chris, don't quite understand where to mask to avoid scratch? Is it just above the lip area to avoid scratches during trial and fitment?

I suppose once I have the lip I'll have a better idea where to mask and add self tapping screws.

Make sure you mask the front bumper to avoid scratching :thumbs:

Might want to use a couple of self tappers too

Sorry Chris, don't quite understand where to mask to avoid scratch? Is it just above the lip area to avoid scratches during trial and fitment?

I suppose once I have the lip I'll have a better idea where to mask and add self tapping screws.

Yes - when test fitting you can scratch your bumper if not careful.

Some tips here too

https://seiboncarbon.com/downloads/seibon_lip_instructions.pdf

Ours aren't carbon but it would be a similar process

• Like 1