Wheel Spacers

Zedrush

I love a bit of banter! :teeth:

She should start by dialling the right number. Looked outside your window recently.....?? :scare:

What did Phil say about the spacers? :)

Got Andrew and he said he has eibach ones, good price too but I got to find out what size ~I want. I think 55mm at the rear should do it and 35 at the front :blush:

Going to be a bit tricky until you get the kit on isn't it? Anything else to worry about?

Stress on the bearing which is inevitable, will redo tracking, but dont want to drive around with a car with swallowed wheels waiting for the spacers, ive got my image to think off :lol:

spacers :yuck: bang goes your handling

Yeah, but think of the image.... :lol:

I am, and the 3-wheeled reliant robin overtaking him on the outside of the bend :lol:

LMAO!! :lol::lol:

I thought it was high offsets which caused problems with the Brembos not low or -ve offsets which you obviously need. What are the offsets as they stand?

Have you found anyone with the same kit on the American forums and asked them what they have done?

Guest prescience
I thought it was high offsets which caused problems with the Brembos not low or -ve offsets which you obviously need. What are the offsets as they stand?

I agree with you, what is the problem jay?

I agree with you, what is the problem jay?

gonna pm ya Uncle Dorian :blush:

Oh, I'm not good enough, only Dorian will do! :dry:;)

Not sure about the Zed, but caterham north tried to tell spacers where goiing to be bad news for the car. Cannot exactly what is wrong but I was talking either 3mm non-balances spacers or 5mm balanced. Think 55mm must make it far worse.

Also worth checking stud/bolt length with 55mm spacers.

Try giving caterham a call, tell them you have a 2000 R400 and want to fit 5mm spacers to ensure the slicks do not rub, then see what they say. Will not talk bolloxs as they run race cars and race series so know what they are talking about.

PS got both of my sets from Demon Tweaks, they tend not to be cheap but worth a call to see if they can beat the price you have.

Make sure you get spacers where the bolts mounting it to the hub are flush with the face of the spacer as not all alloy wheels have recesses to accomodate protruding bolt heads.

55mm ... it's going to look :evil: ....what width of rears 11.5 or 12"

rears are only 10.5 :headhurt: wish I got wider now but GT-S dont do 11