Wheel Spacers

Zedrush

Why didn't you just buy wheels with the right offset? :wacko:

Erm I did, They actually come out past the arches by 5mm.

but doesnt help when the new arches are alot wider than usual

Sorry, mate, I don't understand. The wheels when fitted come out past the arches or sit inside the arches by 5mm? Spacers will only push them out further AFAIK.

Sorry, mate, I don't understand. The wheels when fitted come out past the arches or sit inside the arches by 5mm? Spacers will only push them out further AFAIK.

Lol, I need them to sit out further, by quite a bit lol, I am getting a new bodykit and the wheels will look sunk in :headhurt:

Lol, I need them to sit out further, by quite a bit lol, I am getting a new bodykit and the wheels will look sunk in :headhurt:

OK, I think I've got this! Without the body kit they sit outside the arches by 5mm but with the kit on they sit too far inside. :thumbs:

You want hubcentric spacers and I think Eibach do some which should be decent quality.

As for downsides, IIRC they can cause undue wear but I can't remember if its driveshafts or hubs. The bigger the spacer the worse it is. Don't know if that will be magnified as your offsets must already be pretty aggressive.

HTH :)

Like you need to ask you eeeediot, you know that Phil will be able to sort you out a set :p

Dont know what kind of strain it will put on the car being really far out, Phil, Adam etc will be able to help with that :headhurt:

:lol: I just didnt want to call em up yet again, they have a special line for me now :lol::blush:

Like you need to ask you eeeediot, you know that Phil will be able to sort you out a set :p

Dont know what kind of strain it will put on the car being really far out, Phil, Adam etc will be able to help with that :headhurt:

:lol: I just didnt want to call em up yet again, they have a special line for me now :lol::blush:

1-800-S.P.A.C.K.T.A.R.D ?? :p

As a suggestion, why not get the wheels with the offset that does stick out as far as you need with the body kit?!

AFAIK, adding to unsprung weight and wear on wheel bearings are on the list for -ves.

As a suggestion, why not get the wheels with the offset that does stick out as far as you need with the body kit?!

AFAIK, adding to unsprung weight and wear on wheel bearings are on the list for -ves.

Because there are no wheels in existence that can do it and clear the brembo at the same time, unless I get a wheel off of big foot :p:headhurt:

Because there are no wheels in existence that can do it and clear the brembo at the same time, unless I get a wheel off of big foot :p:headhurt:

Well there you go then.... :fool:

You know your problem, lack of commitment..... :lol::p

Smaller bodykit?? :blush:

:lol: Perhaps you should call this number you spackard

1-800-L.A.U.R.E.N.H.O.T.L.I.N.E.

or do you have on speed dial??

;)

:lol: Perhaps you should call this number you spackard

1-800-L.A.U.R.E.N.H.O.T.L.I.N.E.

or do you have on speed dial??

;)

Tried it, constantly engaged. PM me when you've finished. :p

I love a bit of banter! :teeth:

She should start by dialling the right number. Looked outside your window recently.....?? :scare:

What did Phil say about the spacers? :)

Got Andrew and he said he has eibach ones, good price too but I got to find out what size ~I want. I think 55mm at the rear should do it and 35 at the front :blush:

She should start by dialling the right number. Looked outside your window recently.....?? :scare:

Got Andrew and he said he has eibach ones, good price too but I got to find out what size ~I want. I think 55mm at the rear should do it and 35 at the front :blush:

Going to be a bit tricky until you get the kit on isn't it? Anything else to worry about?

Going to be a bit tricky until you get the kit on isn't it? Anything else to worry about?

Stress on the bearing which is inevitable, will redo tracking, but dont want to drive around with a car with swallowed wheels waiting for the spacers, ive got my image to think off :lol:

Stress on the bearing which is inevitable, will redo tracking, but dont want to drive around with a car with swallowed wheels waiting for the spacers, ive got my image to think off :lol:

In which case I've got plenty of MDF in the garage if you want a bodykit. :p:thumbs:

Guest prescience

spacers :yuck: bang goes your handling

Yeah, but think of the image.... :lol:

I know but Dorian there is nothing else I can do, its the only option

Guest prescience

Yeah, but think of the image.... :lol:

I am, and the 3-wheeled reliant robin overtaking him on the outside of the bend :lol:

I know but Dorian there is nothing else I can do, its the only option

Ahem

smaller bodykit

;)