ESP activating on right hand corners

SteveW

Hi Everybody,

I have an issue, my ESP occasionally activates on right hand turns if going over 40mph. Long right turns tend to trigger it the most.

I've done the pedal dance and have no fault codes yet I keep getting this issue.

I'm running 245/35/19 front & 275/35/19 rears and been in this set up for about 5 years without issue. Had a bit of a Google and found one reference to the Yaw sensor but post sounded a bit flaky so thought I'd ask here.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Presumably you have a stock steering wheel? i had something similar after I changed the steering wheel and the little "nipple" sensor thing wasn't in the correct position. It seemed to confuse the car into thinking I was going sideways everywhere!

I doubt it's the yaw sensor, but a fair few things it could be. Where are you based Steve and has anyone plugged into it yet for any stored fault codes etc?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I doubt it's the yaw sensor, but a fair few things it could be. Where are you based Steve and has anyone plugged into it yet for any stored fault codes etc?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate I'm based in Huddersfield. It's not been plugged in to anything. I think a mate has a cheap ODB2 system. Will have to check.

I guess these are codes that wouldn't show up with a pedal dance due to going inactive immediately after triggering?

Edited by SteveW

The only other things that can influence the Trac control part of the ECU is the ABS/speed sensors, but they usually either work or don't.

Thanks mate, that's what I thought too but like you say that either works or doesn't usually and there don't seem to be any issues there-well at least I don't think there are.

Edited by SteveW