Roof replacement for roadster

Anita

Hi

The roof on my roadster is fast turning into rags and therefore needs replacement pdq. I'm in the Midlands and could easily get to a garage in the south east, but the only recommendation I could find on here was for one in Swansea, which would be a bit of a pain. Does anyone have any other recommendations for roof suppliers and fitters please? I don't really want to do the job myself due to a lack of time.

Also, I see options of mohair, canvas and vinyl. My existing roof appears to be canvas - so what would be the advantages of replacing it with the other materials?

All advice and pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Anita

Thanks. That'll teach me to search "roof" rather than "top" :)

The Car Hood Warehouse place should be in a doable (albeit slightly inconvenient) location, but the question then is whether to go for the vinyl or mohair option.

Thanks. I worry about how waterproof it'll be, but then my entire experience of mohair has been a big woolly cardigan that is very definitely not waterproof at all. :) I suppose they wouldn't offer it if it wasn't?

The mohair roof, is actually a 3 layer make up, an inner and outer cloth layer bonded to a rubber centre...this is what gives the waterproof qualities (no need for any other treatments etc)

the rubber layer doesn't suffer the same shrinkage as the OE vinyl and should last considerably longer.

Carhood warehouse did mine and I'm well pleased with it

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 1

If you need to change your Roadster hood, it's better to opt for the mohair rather than vinyl, as the mohair is more flexible than vinyl, and won't be susceptible to sticking problems with low temperature operation.

• Like 1

I've always had water coming in when I wash it - it's difficult to tell whether it's coming in through the top of the doors or the myriad of holes in the roof though! :D

Thanks for the help everyone, really appreciated.

• Like 1