Annoying Noise Solved

Z-Boy

Hi All

How good does it feel to finally track down a random annoying noise, :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .

I had this noise that was random'ish. slow speed ticking/ metallic twanging noise :angry: I thought it was the exhaust as I just fitted a new cobra system so it was an obvious choice.

Months later and two refits of the exhaust strip of the brakes and a trip to abbey and still no change, still this bloody twang.

Then I decided to refub. my wheels anyway and found the bugger.

Even thought I had had all the wheels off several times, I found it :D :D :D :D :D.

I had nice chrome tire values fitted to my old wheels 2 years ago and they are held in the wheel buy 2 nuts. One of the nuts the "locking nut" had come loses and was rattling around and explained everything.

Slow tang at low speeds, then a faster twanging then nothing once above 15mph.

Anyway just thought I would share

• Like 2

Yeah... the joys of owning a sports car! Random noises everywhere... some of which are annoying because you know they shuldn't be making that noise. No better feeling than knowing you've solved the problem!