Another new clutch thread!

tobyn123

Hi chaps and chapesses,

So I noticed 5 weeks ago or so the dreaded burning clutch smell, Then it disappeared and it was quickly forgotten, However this week I noticed the clutch slip, initially a small amount however its got worse, I am running standard with the exception of an induction kit, I have no plans to turbo or supercharge or anything more then possibly a new exhaust, So I think keeping OEM is fine, Enless you 350z wizards know of any other reason? the car just hit 100k and I believe to be OEM so its done pretty well.

Where is the best place (not necessarily cheapest but if it is then thats a bonus) to get it done and/or acquire the part? I am based in west london but can travel a bit if worth while?

many thanks in advance

Cheers

T

ah gotcha, Just to double check something - Whats happening is as I put my foot down (Not every time just sporadical) the revs start to go up as normal then drop down a bit, then continue as normal, this is my clutch yeah?

Cheers

T

ah gotcha, Just to double check something - Whats happening is as I put my foot down (Not every time just sporadical) the revs start to go up as normal then drop down a bit, then continue as normal, this is my clutch yeah?

Cheers

T

This is what also confuses me sometimes. I always believed:

If revs go up and no power = clutch

if revs go down and no power = traction control

or could be the other way.

Hi all,

I have just bought myself my 1st Z and it's the best car I've owned by a long way :)

I do seem to be getting a bit of a sticky clutch pedal sometimes though. It's an 07 GT with 18 months warranty. I read on a forum that the slave cylinder is close to the exhaust so it happens more often when the engines hot which is what mine did and can be solved by high temp fluid and a braided hose. Can anyone clarify this for me and also recommend a mechanic in the south east kent area as close to Canterbury or Whitstable as possible please. Cheers. Mark