Ripping out the whole bose system soon

Peteyb

Morning all!!! Done abit of reading around on here about aftermarket headunits and bit, so silly question, im replacing everything, head unit, front and rears, sub and amp, so do i a iso cable thats for non bose or for bose? Is the cable due to wiring or just because its got a bose set up?? Surely if i rip out the bose i dont need a bose cable lol

Getting pioneer cant remember the model, its the one with the faceoffsatnav/dvd/tv/bluetooth/rev cam etc, think ill probs just get some vibe black airs front and rear, small mono block and sub in the factory places, i dont want my car shaking to pieces with bass but the stock bose is shite, was thinking of upgrading the cables, but i wasnt planning on amping the doors or rears so didnt think id have to??

Definitely amp speakers, most HUs don't put out much in terms of RMS (even if quoted as such i.e 4x50w they may be producing half that in real terms). You will have a lot better control over the sound as well.

And if you are replacing the bose sub, make sure you buy something that is free air otherwise it won't sound great (or build a sub box that fits in the stock location)

I am tempted, was more tempted to amp just the rears, once ive sounded deaded the doors it should be fine, had a modifed mr2 roadster which ran just a headinit and vibe slick 6s in the door, by the time id done the sound deadening i didnt even need the sub haha

As a SQ purist I'd say amp the fronts only if you do want to amp... you don't go to a gig or film and turn around so the sound comes from the rear do you?... although then again I haven't tackled an install in the zed yet so don't actually know what it'll sound like if you do that! :lol:

You don't even have to go the fibreglass route for the stock enclosure, I've seen people make mdf boxes that roughly follow the shape of it and they end up ok!

Ahhh i thought fibreglass would be easyer, just paint and matt up the inside of the opening :) im not a purist, i just want better than it is, but without going into hundreds and hundreds and without tearing my whole car apart lol