decats on...eml on so remap time?

reeces555

Ive recently fitted my magnaflow decats to my 2006 rev up 350...and no suprise the eml has come on. I ve been strongly advised to get it mapped now before the engine suffers any damage with the second lamda sensor adjusting fueling etc and possibly damaging pistons etc..ive looked on google and horsesham came up at around the £430 mark inc buying the lisence...are there anyother places near the midlands and is the £450 mark about the right price?

I was like you mate and I was only half listening to the mechanic but think he mentioned ball wash...it was something to do with the engine trying to compensate for lack of cats etc....sure more knowledgeable people on here but I'd rather be safe that sorry.

Ive recently fitted my magnaflow decats to my 2006 rev up 350...and no suprise the eml has come on. I ve been strongly advised to get it mapped now before the engine suffers any damage with the second lamda sensor adjusting fueling etc and possibly damaging pistons etc..ive looked on google and horsesham came up at around the £430 mark inc buying the lisence...are there anyother places near the midlands and is the £450 mark about the right price?

I don't have decats, but when Horsham remapped mine, the area under the graph was much improved (more power & torque throughout the rev range, including removal of a small flat spot), as well as improving peak power and torque numbers. Essentially I'm saying that a remap will benefit you & your car a lot more than just removing your eml light and as you've mentioned, if running decats on the stock map may actually damage your engine, then surely it's a no-brainer? You'll also have a before & after graph of your power and torque :)

Oh I know its a no brainer just looking for somewhere near to me mate...also costs and that.

Haha! Think that was a combination of the other posts suggesting not getting yours mapped could be an option and to doubly encourage you to get it done / make you more comfortable spending the £400 odd :)

Sorry, don't know any tuners in the Midlands so can't comment on this, but Horsham's price is about what you'll pay elsewhere :thumbs:

Second lambda doesnt do the fuelling , it monitors the efficiency of the cats , which has obviously now dropped hence the light. Running the car like this wont cause any long term issues but it may overfuel a little and you wont be seeing as much performance benefit of running the decats.

• Like 2