UpRev question (De-cats removal)

Treybleed

Hey,

Boring back story!

I bought my 350z a couple months ago, its a JDM and had a full cobra resonated system with their de-cat pipes. It has a spacer and the limiter removed as well. I can't find a HKS speed defender so i assume it has had an UpRev at some point ( Didn't come with much receipts ).

The de-cats had been removed for a new MOT when i bought it from a dealer (about 3 month ago), I haven't put them back on yet.

My question is, if i re-fit the de-cats will it need an remap again? and if it has been remapped with the decats is it bad that im running the cats at the moment?, is it bad for them and the system?

Cheers

Sorry in advance if wrong section / already been asked! I couldn't find anything when i searched that answered my exact situation!

If the car was mapped with the De-Cats on, then refitting them will not need a remap.

If the car was mapped with the De-Cats and you are now running with OEM Cats then the only thing I can think of is that you will be losing some performance as the OEM Cats are nowhere near as free flowing as De-Cats which are basically just straight through pipes.

I shouldn't think it isn't necessarily too bad for the OEM Cats unless the car is running rich & a lot of fuel is being passed into them in which case it won't be doing them any good.

Some of the traders on here like Abbey Motorsport or Horsham Developments would be better at answering the question though than me I'm sure.

Link to Abbey Motorsport: http://www.350z-uk.c...bey-motorsport/

Link to Horsham Developments: http://www.350z-uk.c...m-developments/

:thumbs: