Fault code P1031

Cyder

Morning chaps,

A few days ago the "Check Engine" light illuminated on the dash, engine still seems to run find but just resetting the codes didn't fix it (the old Microsoft method).

I asked one of the guys at work to check the codes for me using the OBD and it returned the code P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR (B1).

Can anyone shed any light on where/what this sensor is and whether fixing it is likely to be a simple task or a garage job?

(I've got a screen shot of the code from the CONSULT system if it's of any use.)

Thanks.

That's good to hear. Is it a part you can supply? Please could you give me a price?

I'll have a look and decide if it'll be a garage job or not or the weekend, I've got plenty of tools so hopefully it's something sensible!

As long as it's not seized, I wouldn't bother taking it down the stealership. I had a the P0340 come up a few years back. They wanted to charge me about 200€ for the sensor and a further 90€ to fit it. I instead took a look into it a bit and turns out they were going to charge me an hour's labour for something that would take merely 5 minutes maximum! :)